- Boise, Idaho
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Avionics Manager job at Western Aircraft in Boise ID
Description, duties, responsibilities
Responsible for avionics integration, installation, and bench services to include management of production staff, coordination of certification with engineering and development of customer proposals to ensure acceptable profitability and risk management. This position has ultimate responsibility for the profitability of the Avionics group and customer satisfaction.
- Work with sales team to develop proposals
- Consult with customer to review work scope, obtain approvals and address concerns
- Monitor projects daily, address obstacles, readjust as necessary, deliver project on time
- Keep customers informed of job status
- Obtain approvals for changes orders
- Recommend personnel changes, i.e. hiring, training, promotion, discharge, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 10 yrs. experience working in corporate aircraft avionics in a repair station environment
- Minimum 5 yrs. experience managing complex aircraft avionics modifications and engineering integration services
- Minimum 5 yrs. experience supervising/mentoring a staff
- Mastery of inspection and install procedures including excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams, blue prints, and technical directives
- FCC license & ability to obtain FAA Repairman’s Certificate required; A&P Certificate preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation, Business Management, or Finance preferred
- Have or ability to obtain valid driver’s license, Boise SIDA Badge and Security Clearance
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work in fast pace environment with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Customer focused
- Results oriented, yet maintains positive and motivating relationship with customer and team
- Excellent communication skills; interpersonal, verbal and writing
Employment is contingent on passing a security background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Resumes not accepted without completed application.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including relocation assistance and 401(k).
Tobacco/Drug Free Workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer; W/M/Vets/Disabled.
Western Aircraft Company Overview
Are you looking for a competitive wage and affordable housing in a vibrant, growing city thats not too big and not too small? Do you love aviation but hate that hour-long commute? Do you want to be involved with cutting-edge aircraft maintenance during the week, but prefer fishing, hunting, skiing, and enjoying the great outdoors in your free time? Western Aircraft, one of the largest aviation services company in the West, invites you to explore the exciting opportunities available to you as a member of our team. As we continue to grow, we are always on the lookout for qualified individuals with a track record of going above and beyond for their customers.