AP Mechanic Featured
- Waterford, Michigan
- Job ID
AP Mechanic job at Pentastar Aviation in Waterford MI
Description, duties, responsibilities
Aircraft Maintenance Mechanic
This position will reside at DTW
An A & P Maintenance Mechanic supports the daily needs of the maintenance operations of the customer, and ensures an outstanding experience by providing top level service at Pentastar Aviation.
- ? This position reports directly to the Sub-Base Manager, and works in close partnership with the FAA, manufacturers, pilots and other Aircraft Maintenance Mechanics and Avionics Technicians.
- ? Ensures aircraft are maintained to airworthiness standards prescribed by applicable regulations, airworthiness directives, company policies, and best practices.
- ? Inspect, test, troubleshoot, adjust, and repair different business transport category aircraft airframes and engines using hand tools and test equipment.
- ? Maintain the highest level of quality and integrity.
- ? Adjust, repair or replace defective components based on analysis of test results, following blueprints, schematics, handbooks and other technical documents.
- ? Use precision instruments and equipment to measure parts for wear, and repair or replace as required.
- ? Other duties as may be deemed necessary.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- ? Must hold a current valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant License (A&P) with no history of infractions and recent A&P experience on turbine powered aircraft considered a plus.
- ? Factory or equivalent training on Gulfstream-5 years required.
- ? Experience working under a FAA approved Part 145 repair station required and Part 135 experience preferred.
- ? Inspection Authorization and/or FCC License a plus.
- ? Must be able to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- ? Ability to work with little supervision to troubleshoot and repair systems on aircraft airframe and engine(s), including electrical, mechanical and hydraulic.
- ? Versatility, flexibility, will be important as the schedule could include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- ? Some international travel should be expected.
- ? Superior customer focus, communication skills, and work ethic with a commitment to excellence.
Pentastar Aviation Company Overview
Company Overview Pentastar Aviation Oakland County Int`l Airport 7310 Highland Road Waterford, Michigan 48327 USA www.pentastaraviation.com For more than 50 years, Pentastar Aviation has delivered unparalleled corporate air travel and support services. From managing fleets of corporate aircraft and helicopters to servicing and maintaining exceptional business-class jets; from providing award-winning... Benefits: We offer great benefits, highly competitive compensation, and a collaborative, team-oriented work environment. Our benefits include: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, Short and Long-term Disability, Employee and Dependent Life Insurance, Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) Paid holidays, Paid time off. We care about the employees at Pentastar! Supported Manufacturers: Gulfstream, Falcon, Sovereign, Lear, Hawker Beechjet and a Saab-340 Supported Models: Gulfstream G-V, Gulfstream G-IV, Falcon 2000, Citation Sovereign, Citation XLS. We also charter a wide range of small, medium and large jet aircraft through our network of approved charter vendors.