Technical Publications Coordinator Urgent
- Mississauga, Ontario
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Technical Publications Coordinator job at MHI Canada Aerospace Inc in Mississauga ON
Description, duties, responsibilities
About MHI Canada Aerospace
MHI Canada Aerospace, a subsidiary of Japan-based Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, assembles major airframe components such as wings and fuselage for Bombardier Aerospace, specifically for the Global Express and the Challenger 350, both high speed business jets.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Chief Liaison Engineer, the Technical Publications Coordinator provides and manages the technical publications data required for training, maintenance, and repair of aerospace products.
- Define and co-ordinate with external Vendor for publication implementation plans and schedules.
- Research, plan, write, and distribute technical publication data as per standards, specifications, and requirements from multiple sources, while ensuring adherence to schedule.
- Verify publication data correctness and completeness.
- Identify and implement processes and product improvements in line with the Strategic plan.
- Acts as a focal point between customer and internal / external workgroups to facilitate issue resolution.
- Create, maintain, standardize, and manage departmental documents.
Experience / Qualifications
- 5+ years Technical Publications or Technical Writing Background
- Prior team leadership and process development highly desired
- Strong communication skills (speaking and writing English)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good understanding of Bombardier Aerospace Engineering System and design procedures
- Detailed understanding of Bombardier Technical Publications processes and techniques such as IPC, AMM, SRM, NDTM ( NDT Manual ) and VSB ( Vendor Service Bulletin )
- Good understanding of S1000D and ATA100 / 2100 specifications and AECMA PSC-85-16598 Simplified English
- Familiar with SGML (Standard Generalized Markup Language) and CGM (Computer Graphics Metafile)
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Detail oriented with strong project organization and time management skills
- 4 year degree required with high degree of preference within Engineering or Technical Writing
Key Measurements of the Position
- Maintain professionalism
- Ability to accomplish duties required effectively and efficiently.
Ability to deal with added day to day issues and concerns.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
MHI Canada Aerospace Inc Company Overview
About Us MHI Canada Aerospace, Inc. (MHICA), a group company of MItsubishi Heavy Industries, is a Tier 1 manufacturer of major aircraft structures and assemblies, based in Mississauga, Ontario. Over the past decade, MHICA has built more than aircraft components, it has built a recognized worldwide reputation for capacity, precision, on-time delivery and excellence. MHICA's facilities include a 270,000 sq ft state-of-the-art manufacture and assembly facility and a 70,000 sq ft supply chain and logistics centre, where more than 800 highly-skilled employees are working on Bombardier's sector-leading Global 5000/6000 and Challenger 350 business aircraft. MHICA's technicians build and join wing assemblies and fuselage centre sections, as well as perform systems and flight control assembly installations and testing. Building complex aircraft structures at the highest levels requires a full and well-managed inventory. MHICA's logistics centre ensures the stable and on-time delivery of materials, sub-assemblies and tooling needed for continuous and fluid assembly. Our Supply Chain and Logistics Centre sources materials and manages more than 100 supply chain partners from across North America. MHCIA conducts quality control and inspections of incoming components and materials, assembles work kits and warehouses the inventory that keeps our assembly facility running smoothly. MHICA is a world leader in large scale automated drilling/fastening/sealing of wing and fuselage major assemblies. MHICA also has developed and incorporated flex cell technology that allows our major assembly jigs to be re-configured for a wide variety of current and future aircraft platforms. Flex cell technology includes Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) for major assemblies. MHICA’s smart shop floor technology provides real-time situational awareness of detail parts, sub-assemblies and major assemblies. MHI Canada Aerospace, Inc looks to the future and the development of new partnerships with leading aerospace manufacturers. For more information about MHICA's skilled workforce, logistics centre, and world-class assembly facilities, please contact us at 905-612-8131 Company details Website http://mhi-global.com Headquarters Mississsauga, Ontario Year founded 2006 Company type Privately Held Company size 501-1,000 employees