Tool Maker Urgent
- Mississauga, Ontario
- Hourly $28.00 - $34.00
- Job ID
Tool Maker job at MHI Canada Aerospace Inc in Mississauga ON
Description, duties, responsibilities
About MHI Canada Aerospace
MHI Canada Aerospace (MHICA), a subsidiary of Japan-based Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, assembles major airframe structural components such as wings and fuselage for Bombardier Aerospace, specifically for the Global Express and the Challenger 350, both high speed business jets.
Scope of Position:
Manufacture new, modify and maintain existing Jigs and Fixtures using manual and conventional machining practices.
- Reworks and maintains detail and assembly fixtures.
- Manufactures and assembles new tools and fixtures from Tool Drawings.
- Modifies existing tools and fixtures from Tool Drawings.
- Creates detail parts using Tool Room machinery, equipment and hand tools.
- Works closely with Laser Tracker Technicians and other Tooling Group members during periodic tool inspections (PTI’s).
- Prepared to work outside normal working hours as required.
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Contributes to continuous improvement initiatives on all aspect of the job.
- Any other duties as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Licensed Tool and Die Maker (Ontario Certificate of Apprenticeship).
- 3-5 years’ working experience as a Tool Maker.
- Proficient in blue print reading and interpretation, and operation of tool room and production equipment (grinding, milling, lathe etc.).
- Possesses good mathematical and mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills for fixtures, cutting tools and Tool Room machinery.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work shifts to accommodate production scheduling.
- Past experience within an aerospace or manufacturing environment, considered an asset.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new tasks.
- Exposure to quality systems and safety fundamentals.
Key Measurements of the Position
- Maintains professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish duties required effectively and efficiently.
- Keeps the Tooling Manager/Supervisor informed of daily operations.
- Ability to deal with added day to day issues and concerns.
- Tier 1 Aero Structures Facility.
- Employee Incentive Plan (EIP) for targets achieved.
- Extensive Training Program.
- Employee Recruitment Referral Program.
- Comprehensive Benefits.
- Corporate Partnerships.
- Advancement Opportunities (after 1 year in current role).
MHICA will conduct employment references and a criminal background check upon hire.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident to be considered for the role.
MHI Canada Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. MHICA is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). MHICA will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
MHI Canada Aerospace Inc Company Overview
About Us MHI Canada Aerospace, Inc. (MHICA), a group company of MItsubishi Heavy Industries, is a Tier 1 manufacturer of major aircraft structures and assemblies, based in Mississauga, Ontario. Over the past decade, MHICA has built more than aircraft components, it has built a recognized worldwide reputation for capacity, precision, on-time delivery and excellence. MHICA's facilities include a 270,000 sq ft state-of-the-art manufacture and assembly facility and a 70,000 sq ft supply chain and logistics centre, where more than 800 highly-skilled employees are working on Bombardier's sector-leading Global 5000/6000 and Challenger 350 business aircraft. MHICA's technicians build and join wing assemblies and fuselage centre sections, as well as perform systems and flight control assembly installations and testing. Building complex aircraft structures at the highest levels requires a full and well-managed inventory. MHICA's logistics centre ensures the stable and on-time delivery of materials, sub-assemblies and tooling needed for continuous and fluid assembly. Our Supply Chain and Logistics Centre sources materials and manages more than 100 supply chain partners from across North America. MHCIA conducts quality control and inspections of incoming components and materials, assembles work kits and warehouses the inventory that keeps our assembly facility running smoothly. MHICA is a world leader in large scale automated drilling/fastening/sealing of wing and fuselage major assemblies. MHICA also has developed and incorporated flex cell technology that allows our major assembly jigs to be re-configured for a wide variety of current and future aircraft platforms. Flex cell technology includes Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) for major assemblies. MHICA’s smart shop floor technology provides real-time situational awareness of detail parts, sub-assemblies and major assemblies. MHI Canada Aerospace, Inc looks to the future and the development of new partnerships with leading aerospace manufacturers. For more information about MHICA's skilled workforce, logistics centre, and world-class assembly facilities, please contact us at 905-612-8131 Company details Website http://mhi-global.com Headquarters Mississsauga, Ontario Year founded 2006 Company type Privately Held Company size 501-1,000 employees