Accounts Payable Manager Featured
- Chicago, Illinois
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Accounts Payable Manager job at Jet Support Services Inc in Chicago IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Jet Support Services, Inc. is seeking a well-qualified Accounts Payable Manager to be based at our Chicago corporate headquarters.
Founded in 1989, Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI) is the world’s largest independent provider of hourly cost maintenance programs for aircraft engines and airframes. JSSI provides its clients with comprehensive, flexible and affordable financial tools for managing the often unpredictable costs of operating and maintaining nearly all types of turbine-powered aircraft, including jets, turbo-props and helicopters. JSSI serves clients around the world by managing maintenance services through its international network of technical advisers.
JSSI has always been deeply committed to providing its clients with the highest standard of service and excellence. Our management team is adding further value by developing innovative products and services and expanding into additional markets.
The Accounts Payable Manager will oversee and monitor the Trust Accounts Payable function while managing and developing staff, building key relationships with vendors, internal and external customers, ensuring compliance and driving department efficiencies and automation.
Interested qualified candidates should complete an online application at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=4a154c22-c5dd-4c85-acce-c65ac470cf10&jobId=245182&lang=en_US&source=CC2&ccId=19000101_000001
- Oversee and monitor the Trust Accounts Payable function while managing and developing staff, building key relationships with vendors, internal and external customers, ensuring compliance and driving department efficiencies and automation.
- Hire, train, supervise and mentor Accounts Payable personnel.
- Manage the operational functions of the department, including invoice processing, financial disbursement, and exception resolution.
- Serve as main liaison between JSSI and its Trustee.
- Serve as direct point of contact for all maintenance vendors.
- Perform vendor reconciliations.
- Work with vendors to obtain more favorable credit terms.
- Identify and manage the implementation of payables operational improvements to streamline and improve the efficiencies of current processes while realizing increased productivity.
- Prepare and/or review applicable accounting reports and accounts payable registers to ensure accuracy and timely processing.
- Monitor accounts payable aging to ensure payments are being processed in a timely manner.
- Create, revise and maintain procedures and policies for the Accounts Payable process including analysis of key controls and reporting requirements.
- Serve as back-up for Accounts Payable Coordinator of the operating company.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field is required.
- Six to ten years progressively responsible experience in Accounts Payable.
- Prior supervisory experience of an Accounts Payable team is required.
- Experience in the Aviation and/or Insurance industries is a strong plus.
- In-depth knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) ERP system is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to read and write articulately and analytically.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
Working Environment and Conditions
Work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in this job is usually moderate.
JSSI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.
Jet Support Services Inc Company Overview
For nearly 30 years, Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI), has been the leading independent provider of maintenance programs to the aviation industry, covering virtually all makes and models of aircraft, engines, and APUs. JSSI provides its customers with comprehensive, flexible and affordable financial programs and tools for managing the often unpredictable costs of operating and maintaining nearly all types of turbine-powered aircraft, including business and commercial jets, turboprops and helicopters. As the creator of the revolutionary Tip-to-Tail® Program, JSSI is the only single source provider of this trademarked service. JSSI serves customers globally and manages maintenance services through its worldwide infrastructure of certified Technical Advisors.