- Galesburg, Illinois
- Job ID
AP Mechanic job at Jet Air Inc in Galesburg IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Establish and maintain high level positive communication with all customers and coworkers.
- Deal with customer queries in a positive, accurate and timely manner.
- Be capable of performing inspections, repairs and maintenance on single engine, turboprop and turbine powered airframes/power plants.
- Have knowledge of all aircraft mechanical systems functions and interactions, including aircraft accessories, components and other hardware.
- Perform maintenance and repair of aircraft components included but is not limited to: flight controls engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components.
- Utilize knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in interpreting technical data to troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and restore equipment to operational condition.
- Be able to use unique aircraft tools such as test equipment, measuring instruments, dial indicators, micrometers, and others as needed.
- Remove and disassemble defective parts; assembly and installation of replacement parts; and testing aircraft systems.
- FAA Airframe and Power plant Mechanic Certificate required.
- Must provide own basic tools/ Specialty tools supplied.
- Compliance with federal drug testing requirements.
- Knowledge of relevant technical reference materials (Maintenance Manuals, IPCs, Service Bulletins, Structural Repair Manuals, Engineering Drawings, ADs, etc.).
- Read and understand maintenance manuals and understand requirements.
- Complete required paperwork to comply with Federal Regulations and Company procedures.
Jet Air Inc Company Overview
A Full-Service Aviation Provider - Since 1969