- Ft Worth, Texas
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Assistant Site Lead
Fort Worth, TX / Afghanistan
Grey Aviation is actively searching for a senior Aviation Program Assistant Site Lead candidate who meets our high standards of aviator skills, safety, professionalism and customer focus. As the industry leader in armed aircraft training, operations, surveillance and support, Grey Aviation’s vision is to leverage new technology and innovative ideas to develop customer tailored capabilities within a challenging global environment.
Deputy Supervisor responsible for supporting the Site Lead in directing the day-to-day execution of a US / International military student armed aircraft training program. Ensures continuity in all events, evolutions and operations during Site Lead’s absence, to include day and night operations. Provide answers to a wide range of difficult problems, recognizing probable conflicts, and developing solutions that are imaginative, thorough, and practical. The Assistant Site Lead will apply extensive skills, knowledge, judgment, and expertise, and broad, in-depth knowledge of project element interrelationships, customer needs, etc., to develop solutions to complex problems, which require the regular use of considerable ingenuity and creativity. Assignments regularly require solutions to unusually difficult, highly complex problems of considerable scope. Subject to the approval of Site Lead, prepare and distribute directives to affected functional groups highlighting significant contractual and technical commitments associated with assigned projects. Support on-going planning conferences and progress meetings. Continually monitor and report to the Site Lead on the degree of conformance to plans, schedules, cost projects, and contractual commitments. Identify problem areas, advises Site Lead of known or anticipated situations which may significantly affect contract costs. Continually coordinate activities of program personnel to effectively minimize costs and maintain schedules. Meet regularly with company and customer personnel actively involved on the program to review performance, identify and discuss problem areas, establish priorities, decide on needed follow-up actions, and review significant technical and contractual commitments. Resolve critical problems of time spans, schedule overlaps, and inter-organizational conflicts.
Additional duties include but are not limited to the following: Qualified Senior Instructor MSO able to conduct international student instruction operating armed / light attack / reconnaissance aircraft. Assist in formulating, organizing and monitoring all progress reports. Lead, schedule, and support training cadre evaluations to include: Contractor Instructor Pilots, Contractor MSOs, Contractor Support Personnel, US Military Student Pilots, US Military Student MSOs, International Military Student Pilots, and International Military Student MSOs. Advise and Assist International Military Students. Employees may be assigned other duties, as directed by management.
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all Grey Aviation and Governmental Policies, Procedures, and Compliance Regulations (internal and external).
• 21 years of age
• US Citizenship
• Current US Passport
• Valid State Driver’s License
• Read, write, speak and understand English
• Must meet all medical deployment standards
• Ability to possess firearms
• BA/BS in related field (MA/MS preferred)
• DLAB Score 110 preferred
• 2nd Class Medical Certificate (1st Class Medical preferred)
Flight Time Requirements:
• 3000 total flight hours (4000 total flight hours preferred)
• 500 total Combat hours (1000 hours preferred)
• 500 total Instructor hours
• 10 years Tactical Aviation Experience (15 years preferred)
• 5 years experience as a Military Flight Instructor in a particular career field (Weapon System Operator, Radar Intercept Officer, Sensor Operator, Fire Control Officer, etc.) (10 years preferred)
• DOD OT&E Flight Test Experience preferred
• Combat Aviation Advisor experienced (multiple combat tours advising partner nations in ISR, Armed Reconnaissance and Attack TTPs preferred)
• Knowledge of and combat related experience in special mission tasks including Static & Dynamic ISR, Video Data-Link, Tactical Communications, Joint Operations, Joint Fires, Multi-Sensor, Tactical Environment, Close Air Support and Academic Courseware Development preferred.
• Experience in the International Military Aviation Training Environment (Prior qualified Instructor preferred)
• Prior US Military Commander, Executive Officer, Operations Officer preferred
• Prior Standardization and Evaluation Flight Examiner (SEFE) preferred
• Prior NATOPS Evaluator / Instructor preferred
• Prior Qualification in an Armed and / or ISR Aircraft (AC-130, MC-130, U-28, F-15, F-18, EA-18G, EA-6B, AH-1 preferred)
• Prior weapons release qualification (Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS) rockets AGM-114 Hellfire Missiles preferred)
• Military Weapons School Trained (Military Weapons School Graduate preferred)
• Combat Aviation Advisor Qualification Course Graduate preferred
• Military Advanced Instrument School Graduate preferred
• DCMA / GFR Approval
• Level-C SERE Course Graduate
Licensing, Certification Requirements:
• Formal or Specialized Training / Equivalent on assigned aircraft and / or equipment
• Security Assistance Training preferred
• Operational Risk Management (ORM) preferred
• This classification can be expected to perform in an office setting, flight line and airborne environments and requires a wide degree of flexibility within the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with these types of environments. May be required to stand for extended periods of time and / or lift objects whose weights exceed 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
• The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes of temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. May be exposed to electrical shock hazards.
• FAA Medical certificate will be required prior to any offer of employment being issued (FAA 1st Class Medical preferred)
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a US DOD Secret Security Clearance (TS/SCI preferred)
• Pre-employment drug testing and a medical exam administered by Grey Aviation
• Criminal history records check and a background check will be performed
This position requires a current / active Secret US Security Clearance. US Citizenship is required as this position needs an active US Security Clearance for employment. Non-citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, and drug involvement.
To conform to US Government export regulations, applicant must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the US Department of State.
Grey Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity or any other protected status pursuant to applicable local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
US Security Clearance Required: Secret (TS/SCI preferred)
Travel: Yes, 75+% of the Time
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Aviation Program Site Lead - Ft Worth TX
OPFOR - Ft Worth TX
Sensor Operator Instructor - Ft Worth TX
Instructor Pilot - Ft Worth TX
Aircrew Life Support Equipment Manager - Ft Worth TX
Director of Student Services Registrar - Ft Worth TX
Grey Aviation is a trusted provider of integrated air and ground solutions leveraging new technology and innovative ideas to develop customer tailored capabilities within a challenging global environment. Grey Aviation team members are experts in their fields and willing to operate in challenging environments. They typically have 10 to 20 years of experience in the United States military and have the highest appropriate civilian qualifications. Grey Aviation team members utilize the breadth of their experience to assist our clients reach their goals.