Sr Systems Engineer Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Sr Systems Engineer job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Systems Engineer to join our GA-ASI Mission Systems division directly supporting the System Architecture group here in San Diego CA.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define and document system/subsystem architecture CONOPs use cases and data flows in support of mission software development; verify SW implementation meets requirements.
- With limited direction this position exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives for the review research design development and/or solution to advanced technical engineering problem (s).
- May function in an advisory or project leadership role providing direction to experienced professional staff. Formulates plans typically long term for solution(s) development documentation and deployment as well as meeting various compliance reporting and safety standards.
- Evaluates the integration of the engineering solution within the overall engineering environment; and ensures that appropriate documentation testing maintenance and engineering updates completed.
- Communicates with engineering professionals solution users and management throughout the solution development cycle represents the company as a prime technical contact on contracts and/or projects interacts with senior external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between the organizations and participates in the development of new or expansion of existing business.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; fifteen or more years of experience with a bachelors degree thirteen or more years of experience with a masters degree or ten or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have experience decomposing high level system requirements into features to be implemented by software; ability to document the corresponding architecture use cases and data flows of the system and show compliance to requirements.
- Must have knowledge of sensor operator / collection planning for Airborne ISR (for use with HMI requirements development and SW interfaces such as JMPS integration).
- Must have knowledge of airborne sensor payloads such as EO/IR and radar their resultant sensor products and ground control / sensor operations and software.
- Experience with Open Mission Systems (OMS) architecture and implementation is preferred.
- Knowledge of Link 16 J-series messages is preferred.
- Knowledge of sensor data exploitation tools such as SOCET GXP; and interfacing PED systems such as DCGS-N is preferred.
- Must have an active DoD Secret Clearance.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.