Experienced Aircraft Pilot Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Experienced Aircraft Pilot job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Aircraft Pilot to work out of our location in Poway CA.
Under general direction this position is responsible for ground and flight operations including mission planning briefing debriefing Crew Resource Management (CRM) flight plan test reviews aircraft modification efforts and company training. Operates company aircraft in flight and ensures the highest level of safety during all mission types. Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems; erroneous decisions or recommendations could result in serious project delays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for flight operations including mission planning briefing debriefing Crew Resource Management (CRM) flight plan test reviews aircraft modification efforts and company training.
- Pilot aircraft; responsible for safety of airplane passengers and crew.
- Identify and assess technical issues and determine and develop solutions; coordinate with maintenance personnel to correct aircraft discrepancies.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with company policy and procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs).
- Complete maintain and track all qualifications associated with aircraft training pilot currencies and medical requirements.
- Conduct VIP level demonstrations for military and commercial customers.
- Direct the activities of less experienced professional and support staff.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required
- Typically requires education al training equivalent to a four-year technical degree and five or more years progressive experience in ground and flight operations. Equivalent professional aviation experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a strong aviation background and/or program management and demonstrate a complete understanding of technical principles theories and concepts. Must have excellent organization skills including planning and coordinating work assignments.
- Must have direct management or supervisory experience.
- Must have excellent organization skills including planning and coordinating work assignments and must possess strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft suite of productivity tools.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate and current FAA First Class Medical Certificate; (2) 2000 hours logged total pilot time including 1500 hours Pilot in Command 500 hours Cross Country 100 hours Instrument and 500 hours in jet aircraft preferred; (3) ability to travel both domestic and international for extended periods; (4) excellent analytical interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees and military and civilian customers contractors and aircrew; and (5) detailed knowledge of computer operations and applications. The ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 50% - 75%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.