Sr Product Designer Featured
- Ft Lauderdale, Florida
- Job ID
Sr Product Designer job at Embraer in Ft Lauderdale FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Who We Are
About Embraer X:
EmbraerX is transforming the future of transportation and aviation. We are shaping the way people think about travel human connection and the urban landscape. We tackle big problems with grit compassion and an enduring sense of whats possible.
In order to disrupt existing markets we co-create business innovations and unprecedented solutions that have the potential to fundamentally transform the transportation industry at large. We have offices in Silicon Valley Boston and along the space coast of Florida. Were moving the world forward. Join us.
About the Challenge:
|We are developing a digital multi sided business platform: the worlds first Customer Success Aviation Maintenance Platform that empowers users to seamlessly connect with one another in a whole new way and keep airplanes flying.|
Our brand is driven by employees who are committed to developing innovative products services and solutions that enable aviation professional to work smarter and more efficiently. The team is guided by the values of human-centered design and you would be collaborating with colleagues who come from diverse trans-disciplinary and cross-cultural backgrounds.
WED LIKE TO SEE YOUR WORK! - Please include in cover letter section of application
In addition to a resume we would like to see examples demonstrating the breadth of your design work. A portfolio with relevant experience is required to apply. All applications without a portfolio will be rejected.
Embraer X is looking for a creative Senior Product Designer who is passionate about creating new-to-the-world digital products. You will collaborate and co-create with our global team of researchers product managers and engineers to research design and prototype unprecedented experiences. We are a diverse team of specialists currently building and testing exciting projects that are changing the future of transportation and aviation.
As a Senior Product Designer you will help define the future of our customer experience products across Embraer X. In this role you will focus on creating unique and engaging products on behalf of our customers and an ecosystem of aviation industry partners. You will help design products for emerging platforms and technologies. You will be the consistent advocate for our users at the intersection of design business goals insights and engineering. You must possess a clear vision for the future of user experiences and always advocate for the best possible solutions. Your work will impact our existing and future products. You should have deep knowledge of user-centered design principles and excel at research synthesis ideation and rapid prototyping.
- Be an active participant in all phases of the product development lifecycle including product ideation and definition visual design and user testing
- Make design choices based on user behavior business goals engineering capabilities and empirical data
- Help the different members of the team articulate a rationale for design decisions based on stories from the research
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team and provide mentorship about the role of design and UX
- Document and communicate user experience and interaction direction via detailed specifications and prototype(s)
- Collect and analyze user data through a variety of channels and methodologies with prototype and test mindset
- Work directly with customers to make sure that the projects ideas will be useful and usable.
- Drive product improvements and growth of key benchmarks based on research findings through reports and presentations
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the user experience that better serve the needs of our listeners and the business by uncovering insights that lead to product improvements that drive listener engagement loyalty and love.
- Bring expertise and best practices employing a variety of quantitative and qualitative methods - from survey design and benchmark studies to field research and remote interviews concept and usability testing including post-release UX measurement.
- Collaborate with research team and also conduct research with creativity and rigor that instills confidence in our understanding of listeners their needs and behaviors.
- Produce and deliver high-quality concise and compelling deliverables that demonstrate effective communication skills and storytelling through data.
- Share research results across the organization to inspire empathy engagement and action among leadership stakeholders and project teams. Success measured by insights that drive actions.
- Advocate for the needs of listeners and evangelize for UX across the organization through learning labs workshops debriefs and hack/design sprints inspired by user-centered research.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 4 to 7 years of experience designing seamless intuitive and innovative experiences
- Proven track record with examples demonstrating how your designs influenced product development and strategy through qualitative and quantitative methods that drove successful outcomes and product innovation.
- Have knowledge of current UX best practices and agile design processes
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and clearly explain complex interactions to different audiences - including senior leadership stakeholders and engineering.
- Being obsessed with prototype and user research and workshop and co-creation sessions planning and facilitation experience is a plus
- Strong organizational and relationship building skills. Highly collaborative. As a team player willing to learn from others and also share your knowledge and expertise.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
%u27A2 Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strives for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.