Advanced Instructor USA Upset Recovery Training Urgent
- Dothan, Alabama
- Annual Salary $100,000.00
- Job ID
Advanced Instructor USA Upset Recovery Training job at Aviation Performance Solutions in Dothan AL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Advanced Instructor USA – Upset Recovery Training
Title: Advanced Instructor USA – Upset Recovery Training
Categories: APS Dothan, Instructor Pilots
Location: Dothan, Alabama USA
At APS, we help pilots bring everyone home safely. We don’t just say that; it is our primary focus every day. We are an ambitious team on a mission to change flight training for the better, worldwide. To be upfront, APS is not for everyone. We hold ourselves to a higher standard than most. We strive for excellence, believing in people and their ability to constantly improve and realize potential. To thrive here you’ll need passion, hustle, humility, and comfort with the ongoing evolution of a fast growing company. There will be hard work and incredible challenges, but we’ll face them together with optimism. While we ask a lot of you, you will receive a lot in return: a rewarding career, unrivaled personal growth opportunities, and the deep satisfaction that your efforts help save lives.
As an Advanced Flight Instructor, you will be primarily dedicated to delivering industry-leading Upset Prevention & Recovery Training (UPRT) to experienced pilots. You will be flying the Extra 300 unlimited aerobatic aircraft or the Grob 120TP turboprop trainer, delivering UPRT curriculum on the ground and in the air. Flight profiles include primarily upset prevention and recovery and stall/spin training.
This high-impact role brings significant responsibility in ensuring safety, maintaining compliance with rigorous standards, and continually expanding UPRT knowledge. You will also be called on to use your industry experience and leadership skills to contribute to business-related activities and outside projects, furthering the APS mission.
- Minimum 1500 hours total flight time
- Extensive all-attitude all-envelope flight experience (500+ flight hours preferred / min. of 100+ flight hours considered)
- Examples: military flight instructor, tactical or fighter experience, aerobatics (competition or airshow), test pilot school graduate with spin testing experience.
- Please be specific in your resume concerning the nature (role / aircraft types) and duration (flight hours) of this area of your flight experience.
- FAA Commercial Single-Engine Land (SEL) Pilot’s License
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor Rating (CFI)
- Type-rating (or military equivalent)
- Work authorization in the United States
- Beneficial qualifications of additional interest to this employment (give emphasize to, and details on, these in your resume and application): ◦Two years experience flying multi-engine turboprop and/or turbofan/turbojet is preferred
- Two years experience as a flight instructor
Daily Execution Excellence:
- Deliver industry-leading UPRT ground and flight instruction in the high-performance, fully aerobatic Grob 120TP. (flight profiles include primarily upset recovery and stall/spin training, and associated aerobatic instruction)
- Upon advancement, instruct on Level D full motion and advanced simulators
- Stay on schedule and help create an unsurpassed client experience
- Communicate effectively with operations team
- As needed: manage schedule coordination, APS staff pilot training, aircraft maintenance monitoring, and flight program development.
Who you are:
- Appreciate being home each night with minimal/no out of town/state travel
- Appreciate a known and fixed schedule week to week, month to month, year to year
- Passionate about flight instruction
- Enjoy a team/family work environment with a strong dedication to the company mission and values
- Invigorated by the opportunity to make a difference in air safety
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated with an ownership mentality
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving requirements
- Able to fly up to four flights per day several days each week
- Physical requirements (225 lbs. max weight, 6' 6" max height) due to aircraft limitations
- Teachable, always learning and constantly improving
- Able to thrive in both individual and team environments and enjoy autonomy
- Excited by long-term career and growth opportunities
- Based at the Dothan Regional Airport (KDTN)
- Able to work full time during normal business hours
You’ll stand out if you:
- Have a safety-focused attitude, friendly demeanor and a can-do work ethic towards all aspects of business and customer relations
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and computers in general
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Aviation Performance Solutions Company Overview
APS is the most experienced training provider of airplane Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT) in the world. Our team integrates distance learning, tablet/phone applications, on-aircraft piston and jet platforms, advanced simulators, train-the-trainer programs, and specialized consulting services into safe and long-lasting UPRT solutions. With four locations on three continents and serving thousands of pilots each year with a unique UPRT expertise, APS is the undisputed leader in the provision of various training solutions to manage aviations most lethal threat to air safetysLoss of Control In-flight.