Avionics Repair Manager Featured
- Lincoln, Nebraska
- Hourly $31.00 - $37.00
- Job ID
Avionics Repair Manager job at Silverhawk Aviation in Lincoln NE
Description, duties, responsibilities
Silverhawk Aviation began in 1991 as a charter operation in Seward Nebraska, with one airplane and one pilot. Today Silverhawk Aviation is a growing full-service aviation company employing 80 team members who provide aircraft charter services, maintenance services, avionics services, and a full-service fixed base operation. To support this growth, we are on track to add 10 jets to our existing fleet of 15 planes and 30 pilots within the next 5 years.
Avionics Manager (Repair)- Full Time with Overtime Available
Our Avionics Manager (Repair) must be able to lead Silverhawk’s repair team through a ‘player-coach’ role. In other words, we are looking for a manager who works on the floor leading the team by both doing the work themselves and coaching the players through the challenges (and celebrating the ‘victories’).
A coach must have hands-on experience with general aircraft instrumentation and communication/navigation systems. Candidates must also be able to read and interpret aircraft wiring diagrams. A repair coach must be proficient with basic avionics test equipment such as multimeters, time domain reflectometers, air data test sets.
We are hoping for a coach who possess these specific qualities and experiences: Garmin and Avidyne Experience. 3 years on light jets such as Cessna’s, King Airs and various piston singles and twins. 411/413 experience. Has led a team. Has RTS (return-to-service) experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Coaches and leads the repair team to finish repairs on-budget and on-time. Builds up the team by working alongside them on the floor, leading projects, coordinating employee training, conducting performance conversations and goal-setting.
- Ensures quality and efficiency of troubleshooting processes/ concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
- Provides insights on how to create better efficiencies and zero ‘call-backs’ or zero ‘re-loads’, etc.
- Ensures that work accomplished meets applicable regulatory requirements and customer specifications.
- Checks all work and ensures a defective-free work prior to final inspection.
- The hourly pay rate range is $31 to $37
- Full Medical and Dental
- Annual profit sharing
- Relocation allowance
- Pay ranges based on experience level and position
- Company paid classes and enrichment training as requested
Come work for a company that appreciates you every day!
Silverhawk Aviation, Inc. is a Equal Opportunity Employer
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Silverhawk Aviation Company Overview
WE ARE SILVERHAWK AVIATION IN LINCOLN, NE Silverhawk Aviation began as an aviation charter company in Seward Nebraska with one airplane and one pilot. Today, in Lincoln, Silverhawk Aviation not only has a Charter of 13 jets and turboprops, and an expanding regional Maintenance department; but our Avionics Department has won several awards as a GARMIN International avionics distributorÃ¢â‚¬â€including the Silver AwardÃ¢â‚¬â€which places Silverhawk in the top 15% of GARMIN distributors worldwide! And weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve broke ground on building our third hangar just for Avionics. At Silverhawk Aviation, weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve always known that you canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t create something special and distinctive unless you seek out, hire, and esteem special and distinctive people. As weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re expanding our facilities, weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re also growing our vision for the future with new positions in avionics. We absolutely love customer-service orientated applicants who believe people matter, who will do the right thing for the customer (whatever-it-takes), and who want to develop their technical expertise.