Director of Quality Featured
- Chico, California
- Annual Salary $80,000.00 - $90,000.00
- Job ID
Director of Quality job at Air Spray USA INC in Chico CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Quality Director will have full responsibility and authority over all repair station operations that are conducted under part 145; will ensure that personnel follow the regulations; and will serve as the primary contact with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). As a member of the management team, the Director of Quality will provide sound, well-considered judgment on matters shaping long and short-term planning as it applies to the Quality Management System, general operations and policies and procedure guidelines; will coordinate with Business Units to maintain quality through internal and external inspection services relative to raw materials, purchased items, production operations, and processes.
The Quality Director will supervise investigative procedures, document training sessions to keep department personnel informed on procedures, methods, use of equipment and other quality assurance techniques; and will be the company’s focal point for ensuring compliance. Responsibilities also include maintaining a listing of all calibrated tooling utilized by the company and ensure all tooling and records for required calibration are current and accurate.
The Quality Director is responsible for the development of the Quality Control staff, development of processes and maintaining sufficient numbers of qualified Quality Control Inspectors.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a CFR 14 Part 21, 25, 121, 137, and 145 inspector, which should include a variety of working conditions and aircraft types or equivalent.
- Three to five years’ experience holding a management position of a quality organization function in air transportation, either in the Quality Control or Quality Assurance areas for CFR 14 Part 21, 25, 121, 137, and 145.
- Possess a full understanding with respect to the company’s operation.
- Aviation safety standards and safe operating practices.
- Understanding of General Maintenance Manual policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive understanding of CFR 14 Part 21, 25, 121, 137, and 145 regulations specifically related to maintenance and airworthiness requirements.
- Project Management experience.
- Technical manual procedure writing experience.
- FAA Liaison experience.
- FAA A&P certification required.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Air Spray USA INC Company Overview
Founded in 1967, Air Spray is one of the world's oldest and most experienced private operators of aircraft for aerial wildfire suppression. Air Spray is known world wide for quality aircraft and tank systems, reliable safety, business integrity, innovative technology and professional service. We are extremely proud of our reputation of working with our customers to improve our industry through cost efficiency and fire control effectiveness and to always go above and beyond to ensure the job is carried out safely.