- Mcclellan, California
- Job ID
Maintenance Buyer job at XOJET in Mcclellan CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
To interpret XOJET policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements and develop plans appropriate to the tasks as associated with this position.
- Manage warranty claims between company and vendors
- Manage parts inventory and inventory control systems and organization.
- Perform periodic inventory audit (cycle counts)
- Manage shipping and receiving systems and costs
- Negotiate discounts with shippers and suppliers
- Review parts consumption against work orders to ensure completeness, and accuracy prior to closing
- Interfaces with Accounts Payable to administer vendor credits, receivable and/or payable requirements
- Perform purchasing functions as required to ensure company consistently receives high value goods and services
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and reporting any unsafe conditions to management
- Shift work. Requires availability to work weekend, holidays and/or evenings depending on business needs
- Work in a highly stressful and demanding work environment with ever changing priorities
- Other duties as assigned by the hiring manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of at least High School Diploma
- One year of technical buying experience in a FAR Part 135, 91 or 121 environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Knowledge and experience utilizing (aviation) work order software, maintenance tracking software, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Working knowledge of (domestic & international) shipping regulations and industry best practices.
- Be familiar with purchasing processes, shipping and receiving as well as warranty administration.
- Have knowledge and experience with aviation parts and supplies.
- Ability to multi task and work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Department: Maintenance
- Location: KMCC (McClellan, CA)
- Reports to: Director of Technical Operations
- FLSA Classification: Non- Exempt
XOJET Company Overview
Today, XOJET is one of the largest private aviation companies in North America. We own and operate the largest chartered fleet of super midsize jets. We supplement our fleet with a partner network of over 900 jets, all of which are maintained to exceed the highest level of safety standards in the industry. XOJET was the first private aviation company to enable its fleet with complimentary Wi-Fi. We are the only private aviation company to receive the top two rankings in all twelve ARG/US safety categories.
At XOJET, we employ several hundred employees across the country and have offices in San Francisco, Sacramento, New York and Los Angeles. We serve a wide range of businesses and individuals across a spectrum of industries, including finance, private equity, technology, media and entertainment.