- Carlsbad, California
- Annual Salary $65,000.00 - $80,000.00
Maintenance Controller job at ViaSat in Carlsbad CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Drive your future with us. At ViaSat you’ll work with top technical talent who are always striving to stay ahead of the curve. With opportunities to work on a mixture of technologies and projects you’ll be involved in calling the shots on the next great opportunity. Won’t you join our dynamic company where technology leads the way?
The Commercial Mobility Maintenance Controller (CMMC), is a key member of ViaSat’s Commercial Airline Support team, which helps deliver and maintain ViaSat’s best-in-class “ViaSat In-Flight Connectivity (IFC) and In-Flight Entertainment (IFE)” services to our Commercial Airline customers. The Maintenance Controller plays a critical part in the service launch of new customers, supporting system activations and over-the air system checks for new installations and ongoing maintenance of the ViaSat onboard IFEC solutions across all airline partners fleet of aircraft. The Maintenance Controller ensures that all work is carried out in accordance with ViaSat procedures and airline manuals, following FAA and local regulations. Additional key responsibilities include providing support to on-site, and airline maintenance representatives during the installation, activation and maintenance of ViaSat IFEC equipment, including software loads and updates. This role works in collaboration with ViaSat’s airline partners to support and close the daily maintenance issues. Verbal and written interaction with airlines is frequent and must be delivered professionally. The Maintenance Controller interfaces with internal and external stakeholders, and must be able to communicate effectively with diverse audiences including engineering teams, program management, customers, and third party partners & suppliers. This position requires contributing to shared knowledge, documentation, training of peers and other stakeholders, and may require travel to other ViaSat offices, customer locations, and airline maintenance locations up to 10%. The ideal candidate will have a background in commercial aircraft systems, specifically electrical and avionics equipment troubleshooting and testing. The critical nature of the work requires good judgment, initiative and specialized technical expertise to understand problems and develop recommended solutions. Experience with hardware and software elements involved in IP networking and satellite communications is preferred. Familiarity with UNIX/LINUX configuration, and ability to capture and interpret network traces is a plus.
- Supports and provides technical guidance for personnel performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the IFC system.
- Responsible for continuous monitoring of the maintenance status of aircraft IFE/IFC systems in line operations by close communication with Line Maintenance personnel, Maintenance Vendors, Airline Operations, Aircraft Engineering and other stakeholders to ensure all systems are operational.
- Manages system out of service activities which includes planning for spares, tooling, equipment, skill and adequate manpower to ensure systems are restored expeditiously.
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation and records of all maintenance work performed on customer aircraft.
- Communicate with Airline Operations Managers, Quality Assurance, Materials management and contract maintenance as required to support the repair and maintenance process.
- Track, maintain and ensure all open anomalies across the installed fleet are actively being worked.
- Participate with technical teams to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair any discrepancies related to the aircraft in accordance with approved technical data.
- Assist in the development of a maintenance and preventative maintenance program.
- Assist in analyzing system reliability and suggest a course of action based on those findings.
- Provide remote assistance to support diagnostic checks on ViaSat IFEC equipment installed on customer aircraft.
- Coordinate new software roll out, testing and implementation to minimize impact to reliability.
- Reviews aircraft historical data and issues action plans as required.
- Supports the daily operational call reporting on the status and plan for the ViaSat installed fleet
- Provide a timely response and resolution to any service inquiry related to installation & maintenance.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Manager, Commercial Mobility Maintenance Control (CMMC).
- Airframe & Powerplant Certificate required.
- At least 2 years of commercial aircraft maintenance experience preferred.
- The ability to work with and understand maintenance manuals, maintenance programs, reliability programs, and interpret FAA regulations.
- Prior experience working with Linux/Unix a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in a 24x7 environment as needed to support round-the-clock operations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complex technical material to a variety of audiences
- Strong Computer skills required including Microsoft Office.
- Prior experience with RF Satellite or Wireless Communication systems preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
- Must hold a valid U.S. Passport
- Must be able to obtain AOA airport badges
The ViaSat Maintenance Operations facility is located in the Carlsbad California. This office supports the dramatically growing engineering, program management, business development, manufacturing, and product support. We are searching for candidates who enjoy working with people and have a technical mind that excels when being challenged. If you have a drive to succeed and grow your career, ViaSat might be a fit for you!
Apply today at:
ViaSat Company Overview
ViaSat is in the business to connect the world. As a global broadband services and technology company, we are connecting international communities to the internet by offering residential internet service; enabling passengers and operations crews to stream high-bandwidth media, applications, and content when traveling globally on commercial, business or government aircraft and maritime vessels; and empowering international warfighters on the front lines of battle with real-time, secure internet-based intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance for high-requirement missions. We deliver and protect information when and where it is needed most with our trusted communications ground systems, infrastructure, and services. Our more than 3,700 global team members are dedicated to do what others in the industry view as impossible. We imagined and launched the worlds highest-capacity communications satellite and continue to set the standard in developing technologies that address global broadband challenges and ensure a better way for consumers, businesses, governments, and military personnel to stay connected. We think big, we act intelligently, and were not done were just beginning.