- Vandalia, Ohio
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Manager of Airport Operations and Corporate Security
- Location: Dayton OH
- Reports To: Assistant Director of Airport Operations and Corporate Security
- Travel: Some out-of-area and overnight travel is expected
- Relocation: Some assistance available
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines!
Environment: PSA Airlines employees 3500+ professionals across six states and partners with four unions (ALPA AFA IAM and TWU) to meet the expectations of our parent company American Airlines and you could be a part of ensuring that PSA remains known in the industry for its outstanding safety performance and training culture. Since 2014 PSA has tripled in size and will continue to expand to support 150 Bombardier CRJ aircraft. As the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S. we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development.
: At PSA we are a close-knit passionate team that values each other’s opinions and holds ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best. We strive to live the PSA Way
– exemplifying Passion Professional Excellence Safety Respect and being Prepared in everything we do. Engaging our employees is extremely important to us and we seek to hire leaders who can inspire enable and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Summary/Objective: The Manager of Airport Operations and Corporate Security position will oversee the airport operations and corporate security department as well as assist in the emergency response program. This position will interact with company managers union representatives the TSA and the FAA.
- Assist all departments in maintaining compliance with all standards established by regulatory bodies and PSA.
- Assist with internal audits of Security and Ground Operations processes and procedures.
- Act as an alternate during Emergency Response Drills to ensure preparedness in the event of an emergency.
- Actively participate in PSA emergency events per Emergency Response Program.
- Assist in developing and implementing enhanced safety / security compliance related policies and procedures.
- Oversee and assist the Security and Compliance Specialists and Security Interns.
- Collaborate with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Respond to alleged violation of rules / regulations through existing policy and oversight of regulatory ground handling / cargo documentation.
- Monitor as necessary all ground operations / security compliance issues to stay abreast of identifying trends in order to take appropriate steps to improve effectiveness.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk with assistance from IAEP
- Perform any additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- In absence duties will be shared by the Assistant Director of Airport Operations and Corporate Security and Security and Compliance Specialists and Interns.
· Act as an alternate to the AOSC and liaison between the company and TSA.
· Organize review and ensure proper email dissemination of all Security Directives Information Circulars TSA Guidance Material and all other security documents to appropriate departments within PSA Airlines.
· Analyze and compile key metrics to measure success against performance goals.
· Coordinate with AA legal all legal case files US Customs Violations Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and necessary station management and personnel to respond to and mitigate any concerns within TSA letters of investigation which could result in security violations or subject the company to potential civil penalty.
· Attend conferences meetings and seminars relating to security compliance and ground operations.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: approachability; time and performance management; strong organizational skills; proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving; positive communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel; strong team player; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately when performing job duties; prepare presentations; and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday typically from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with occasional extended periods of time as necessary.
Travel: Some travel will be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required. Has two years managerial experience in Airport Operations at an airline. Bachelor’s degree in a safety-related field or aviation preferred. Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office programs.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Must be able to obtain airport SIDA badging. Valid driver’s license. Ability to speak/read/write in English.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion national origin citizenship status protected veteran status age marital status sex sexual orientation gender identity genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. The company’s more than 2,400 employees operate nearly 600 daily flights to nearly 90 destinations. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina. PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton and Canton, Ohio and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and Charlotte, North Carolina. As of year-end 2015, PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ 200 aircraft, 26 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 36 Bombardier CRJ 900 NextGen aircraft. The airline expects to add an additional 35 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 18 Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft to its fleet in the next two years, tripling its fleet size and employee base since the airline’s growth plan was announced in December 2013.