Project Manager Aviation Engineer
- St Paul, Minnesota
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Project Manager Aviation Engineer job at KLJ in St Paul MN
Description, duties, responsibilities
Responsible for managing KLJ projects in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner.
- Manage projects worth a minimum of $500,000 in fees
- Responsible for project budgets and schedules
- Review for Quality Assurance and Quality Control and ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards
- Provide coordination of contractors
- Participate in and facilitate meetings
- Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally
- Utilize effective written and oral communication
- Develop leads, network and establish client relationships, and provide strategic thinking for future business development pursuits
- Manage multiple project teams
- Provide direction, review, and support to the group by leading projects; assuring proper practices and techniques
- Assist with and coordinate client management activities, including aviation business development
- Confer with project team members and clients to lead, prepare, and participate in project proposals and interviews
- Will have supervisory responsibilities for group members and support staff including hiring, promoting, terminations, performance reviews, and training
- A four-year degree in civil engineering is required
- PE is required
- Demonstrated capability through prior experience with airport projects
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
- Project management experience is required
- Previous experience in senior level management
- Experience with Minnesota Commercial Service and/or General Aviation airport projects and clients
- Possesses strong interpersonal communication skills
- 14 CFG Part 139 and commercial service airport experience preferred
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week with 70% of the time spent in the office and 30% out of the office.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and crawl
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
- Frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. KLJ does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
M/F/Vet/Disability /Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
To apply, please visit our website at https://www.localjobnetwork.com/j/26115075
KLJ Company Overview
Since 1938, KLJ has focused on innovative solutions for local, regional and national infrastructure projects. Our expertise provides knowledgeable, experienced support for engineering, planning and surveying projects of all sizes. Our integrated practice allows us to envision, plan, engineer and build infrastructure from start to finish for clients around the country. KLJ is committed to our employees and clients. We help achieve personal and professional growth while delivering innovative and practical solutions to our communities. As a civic leader, KLJ supports the communities we serve through sponsorships, participation in charity events, corporate matching for employee charitable contributions and strong support of employee volunteerism. KLJ is a subsidiary of KLJ Solutions. We are a 100 percent employee-owned company that offers competitive compensation and benefits including various insurance options, 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program opportunities.