Associate Manufacturing Engineer Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Associate Manufacturing Engineer job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Manufacturing Engineer located in Poway CA supporting GCS Integration. Under general supervision and with on-going review this position supports the manufacturing engineering staff in the analysis investigation and resolution of routine engineering problems of limited scope.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies basic technical knowledge to analyze investigate and resolve assigned routine engineering problems.
- Performs functional testing of equipment and systems by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles.
- Obtains and analyzes manufacturing and test data.
- Develops appropriate documentation of findings and implemented solutions and communicates results to manufacturing engineering staff. May be required to make technical presentations.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for developing work instructions to guide technicians in the assembly of assigned products.
- Continuously improves assigned manufacturing processes to improve safety quality efficiency and lead time.
- Dispositions non-conforming products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordnce with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution.
- Must have a basic understanding of engineering concepts principles and theory
- Demonstrates the ability to follow and apply basic engineering knowledge adapt standard techniques and utilize the required diagnostics tools and equipment while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance
- Must be able to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Good communication computer and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other professionals to produce appropriate documentation and to present results to a limited internal audience
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team
- Able to work extended hours as required
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.