Sensor Operator Deployable FLEX Schedule Featured
- Palmdale, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Sensor Operator Deployable FLEX Schedule job at General Atomics in Palmdale CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Sensor Operator to join our Flight Operations division located in our El Mirage Facility near Palmdale California! This is a flex position and must be able to deploy both CONUS and OCONUS in support of Company Projects. This position requires you to be available for deployment assignments domestically and internationally at any time and for varying lengths of time. You generally will be deployed for approximately 12 to 16 weeks and then placed on leave for approximately 12 weeks in between deployments.
Under general direction this position is responsible for coordinating ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning execution and briefing debriefing aircrew resource management and ground and flight safety. Serves as a Sensor Operator (MQ-9 MCE only) of assigned Unmanned Air Vehicle(s) (UAV).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
- Must possess current FAA Class II Medical Certificate or DoD equivalent. .
- Assist the Pilot in Command (PIC) defining planning organizing and executing complex flight profiles in a tactical environment in support of customer requirements. .
- Coordinates and actively participates in ground and flight operations efforts with the PIC including mission planning execution and briefing debriefing aircrew resource management and safety.
- Ensures compliance with service guidance company policy and procedures and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Relocation is provided for some positions.
- Typically requires a High School diploma or equivalent and six or more years of previous sensor operator experience or experience with the operation of complex integrated systems preferably airborne sensors including three or more years experience in UAV operation or aviation with significant deployment experience.
- Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of UAVs tactical reconnaissance and aviation principles.
- Must possess: (1) ability to obtain a DOD secret clearance as well as customer specific clearances(s); (2) ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS; (3) ability to obtain an FAA Class II medical certificate; (4) strong analytical interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees military and civilian customers contractors and aircrew; (5) the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information; and (6) detailed knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Possession of at least two-hundred and fifty (250) hours as a Sensor Operator in the Predator/Reaper family of aircraft.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Additional education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a two year technical degree or trade school equivalency is strongly desired.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance is required.
- US Citizenship required.
- Current MQ-1/ MQ-9 Instructor qualified.
- USAF qualified MQ-1/MQ-9 Sensor Operator with a current Form 8 is highly desired.
- Additional education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a two year technical degree or trade school equivalency and six months of deployed UAV operational experience is strongly desired.
- Ability to pass Pre/Post Deployment Medical and Dental Examinations.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 50% - 75%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.