Entry Level Associate Software Developer Software Engineer Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Entry Level Associate Software Developer Software Engineer job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an entry-level Software Developer to join our Software Group in Poway CA.
Under general supervision and with on-going review this position researches designs develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide end-user system level and data management software applications. Responsible for meeting software compliance standards; evaluates integration of software applications with the overall computing environment; and documentation testing maintenance and software updates. Communicates with domain experts users and management throughout the software development lifecycle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development includes end-user system level and data management applications.
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software solutions. In addition to program design this includes determining language platform and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding testing and documentation.
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including cross- platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary resources.
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace with the evolving environment.
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- Communicate with the software developer group with users and with management as well as with the wider community.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelorA¢a,¬a"¢s degree in computer science or related engineering discipline. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a basic understanding of software development concepts principles and theory and demonstrate the ability to follow and apply basic use of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an dynamic and fast-pace environment.
- Good communication computer and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other professionals to produce appropriate documentation and to present results to a limited internal audience. The ability to work both independently and on a team is essential.
- Able to work extended hours as required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.