Entry Level Airframe & Powerplant Specialist Deployable Featured
- Palmdale, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Entry Level Airframe Powerplant Specialist Deployable job at General Atomics in Palmdale CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply. Under close supervision this position is responsible for providing flight line and ground support. Troubleshoots repairs and services aircraft and/or engine systems to determine related problems. Provides technical assistance in mechanical and inspection work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the performance of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Assist in the inspection of powerplant and related components at regular intervals adhering to company approved procedures maintenance manuals and/or government technical order requirements.
- Assist in the repair of fuel leaks oil leaks and engine problems. Assist in the removal and replacement of airframe and/or engine components.
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with established company procedures and/or government and customer technical order requirements.
- May perform all launch and recovery tasks of aircraft to include ground operations preflight items ground observer responsibilities and post flight items.
- May participate in the performance of engine and airframe operational checks and installation of payloads.
- May participate in the performance of Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) in accordance with company and customer guidelines.
- May inspect test maintain and operate ground support equipment.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Typically incumbent has little or no knowledge of job requirements and moderate understating of general job aspects.
- An FAA Airframe and Powerplant License is required.
- May require extensive travel and/or CONUS or OCONUS deployment.
- Must possess: (1) general working knowledge of hand tools and precision measuring equipment; (2) basic computer skills; and (3) basic interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with employees and military and civilian customers.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance may be required.
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team and be able to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 50% - 75%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.