Financial Analyst Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Financial Analyst job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst in our Overhead Services department located in Poway CA.
Under general direction this individual is responsible for developing and monitoring functional budgets analyzing indirect rate variances supporting Forward Pricing and Indicated updates and assisting management in the timely response of DCAA audit questions. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment with the capacity to provide ad hoc reporting and analysis. The ideal candidate will possess strong communications skills and have the ability to interact with multiple levels of management including delivering presentations as required. This position exercises judgment within generally defined precedents and policies to ensure that financial planning and cost control activities meet overall objectives. This person responds to inquiries identifies issues and develops solutions to complex and diverse challenges concerning a variety financial data some of which contain confidential and sensitive information requiring tact and discretion in handling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possesses a solid understanding of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Coordinates inputs from departmental and indirect function leads to develop annual budgets and forecasts.
- Develops financial models for forecasting trending and results analyses.
- Prepares monthly analysis of rate performance including expense and base information on a year over year year to date and full year basis.
- Provides variance reporting and analysis to senior management.
- Understands SAP Business Intelligence reporting and Excel macro development.
- Conducts ad hoc cost structure and rate analysis as necessary including cost accounting change impacts.
- Works with finance staff to identify and correct issues; recommends improvements to current forecasting / budgeting processes.
- Develops analyzes and maintains metric reporting for various operations.
- Streamlines processes to reduce time dedicated to collecting and analyzing data.
- Interfaces with DCAA and external auditors on a variety of audit inquiries.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Other duties as assigned or required.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in business administration with an emphasis in finance and/or accounting.
- Must have a basic understanding of cost accounting principles theories and concepts and a general understanding of cost accounting practices techniques and standards. Must possess: (1) the ability to follow policy and procedures as well as detailed instructions; (2) good verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report findings; (3) good interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees; (4) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; and (5) good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.