Department Specialist Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Department Specialist job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Department Specialist supporting our Strategic Development Department at our Poway location. Under limited supervision this position performs a variety of administrative activities for the Government Affairs team located in Poway and Washington DC. This role requires interfacing with multiple stakeholders at all levels both internally and at times externally. A successful team member must be adaptable and flexible to constant changing business requirements in both a technical and non-technical environment.
DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES:
- Arranges and submits travel and travel reimbursements for Government Affairs teams.
- Maintain calendar for Government Affairs Senior Directors.
- Manages daily tasks of Government Affairs.
- Gathers collects records tracks verifies data and information from multiple sources.
- Maintains develops and updates a variety of electronic and/or hard copy reports and records which may be confidential and sensitive in nature for a variety of parties which may require independent interaction with management customers vendors or agencies.
- Prepares requested electronic and hard copy reports and presentations.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and four or more years experience in a field related to the specialized functional area or unit where assigned.
- Must have experience using MS Office.
- Must demonstrate considerable knowledge of assigned functional area principles theories and concepts. Must possess:
- The ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Strong organization skills and the ability to establish priorities
- The ability to identify issues solve and respond to routine problems or situations that require interpretation
- Strong analytical interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately document report interpret and explain moderately complex information as well as the ability to communicate and interface effectively with all levels of personnel including management customers and vendors
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the
- Ability to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: None
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.