Purchasing Support Specialist Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Purchasing Support Specialist job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Purchasing Support Specialist to work out of our office in Poway CA.
Under limited supervision this position is responsible for a variety of duties in support of the procurement department including supplier coordination to ensure materials supplies and equipment are shipped and delivered on the dates required. Coordinates with purchasing production engineering and quality assurance to expedite material requirements. Maintains records and files of purchases shipments returns of damaged items and related matters. Responds to requests for purchasing data and status of material activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contacts suppliers and transportation companies to ensure materials supplies and equipment are shipped and delivered as required.
- Coordinates with all required internal departments expedite material requirements.
- Coordinates return of rejected or unsuitable orders.
- Maintains records and files pertinent to purchasing information shipments and returns of damaged items. Compiles records and tracks pertinent purchasing data.
- Responds to routine verbal and written requests for information from internal sources concerning purchasing data and status of material activities. May participate in responding to non-routine requests for information.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and four or more years of experience supporting a procurement department.
- Must be customer focused and have a considerable understanding of procurement principles and concepts as well as a considerable understanding of procurement practices and standards. Must possess: (1) the ability to follow policies and procedures as well as general instructions and the ability to recognized deviations from accepted practices; (2) strong organizational verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report findings; (3) strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees and outside representatives; and (4) strong computer skills. The ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.