Emergency Response Supervisor Featured
- Palmdale, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Emergency Response Supervisor job at General Atomics in Palmdale CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity at our Palmdale Flight Operations Facility as a Safety Supervisor! This position is responsible for overseeing the environmental industrial health and safety and emergency response function at an assigned facility. Plans tasks and directs subordinates to achieve assignments using established guidelines procedures and policies. Recommends modifications to operational safety policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with federal state and local regulations and represents the organization as a primary contact with appropriate agencies. Develops and maintains current accurate documentation and reports to reflect activities. Develops programs and procedures for the training of assigned personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises personnel engaged in the environmental industrial health and safety and emergency response functions at an assigned facility by prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Oversees responses to emergencies facility equipment failure building or structure emergencies or related situations.
- Oversees and participates with state and local agencies during scheduled and unscheduled compliance visits.
- Oversees routine periodic and special inspections. Ensures safety equipment is maintained and follow-up inspections are conducted.
- Oversees surveys and program evaluations of facilities and operations to identify safety issues. Recommends equipment purchases and/or upgrades to ensure safe conditions.
- Develops and conducts basic environmental health and safety training for employees and ensures compliance with required training. Participates in updating procedures and practices.
- May serve as a technical consultant to departments in matters of environmental health and safety.
- Develops and maintains current accurate documentation statistics and reports to reflect activities.
- Participates in the selection retention and development of personnel including interviewing performance appraisals and promotion recommendations.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Fire Fighter I Fire Fighter II and ARFF DoD certifications.
- Must demonstrate broad based experience in emergency response associated equipment and safety procedures processes practices and relevant regulations.
- Must have leadership skills including organizing planning scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines and milestones.
- Must possess the ability to resolve moderately complex technical and management issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and good computer skills to accurately document report and present findings.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees management and outside representatives.
- Ability to work independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.