Senior Project Control Engineer Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Senior Project Control Engineer job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems. We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under general supervision and regular review this position supports the Mechanical Engineering staff in the resource management of internal projects of moderate scope and complexity related to electro-mechanical actuators mechanisms landing gear brakes propulsion system avionics and ground support equipment. More specifically how these projects benefit the department and the company and how they improve the availability and saturation of core competencies. Within the Business Planning and Support Group this position also utilizes and manipulates the available project and resource planning data to support department strategy decisions. Assignments are normally accompanied by general instructions and suggestions outlining possible approaches sources or information and potential problems to be encountered with work reviewed regularly for soundness of technical judgment overall adequacy and accuracy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform Mechanical Engineering Project Control activities on Unmanned Aircraft (UA) programs.
- Define develop and analyze system requirements specifications and documentation in support of new and/or improved part and system designs and the associated lab ground and flight test activities.
- Periodically analyze the portfolio of internal overhead projects within the Mechanical Engineering Department for consistency with department resources strategy and goals.
- Develop and maintain internal program plans estimates and Schedules; Provides direction to design or technical staff and may lead a project team.
- Work with a matrixed organization to support the expansion of the Mechanical Engineering developed project controls process to other departments within the company.
- Manage and use the available resource and project planning data to develop tools and reports in support of the other Project Control activities and groups.
- Generate presentations engineering memos and test plans/procedures and reports.
- Develop and maintain engineering Statements of Work (SOW) schedules and budgets for programs tasks or subtasks.
- Coordination of Engineering lab resources ground and flight test facility resources.
- May provide support for proposals.
- Interface with internal customers (engineers designers managers etc.). May interface with customers and sub-contractors.
- Coordinate activities across multi-disciplinary teams and report on progress and plan forward.
- [HF1] Strong communication presentation and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective interface with other departments and/or professionals.
- Multitasking team player with a hands-on approach; experienced in formulating plans to resolve engineering problems.
- Documents findings and implemented solutions and communicates results to engineering staff.
- Represent organization at technical and programmatic reviews and meetings.
- Performs functional testing and troubleshooting of equipment and systems in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree.
- Database experience with Microsoft SQL with Report Builder and/or Microsoft Access.
- General programming experience in one or more of the following: MATLAB SQL VBA Python R etc.
- Strong analytical skills and data manipulation using Excel.
- Must have an understanding of engineering concepts principles and theory with technical experience demonstrating the application of those concepts while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills are required as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.