Process Technician Featured
- Tupelo, Mississippi
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Process Technician job at General Atomics in Tupelo MS
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) is a supplier of advanced electromagnetic systems related power equipment and other high technology products for a variety of government and commercial applications. These include products such as the design and fabrication of linear motors superconducting and conventional rotating motors power inverters high-energy capacitors radiation monitoring systems high-voltage direct current power distribution systems and numerous other products.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Process Technician to join our Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) Group located in Tupelo MS. Under general supervision with detailed instructions and intermittent review this position assists in the fabrication installation repair and assembly of production equipment and manufacturing apparatus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support on process and production equipment such as but not limited to: general manufacturing equipment coil winding systems boilers reverse osmosis/D.I. systems vacuum and air systems thermal shock chambers specialized mechanical test systems electrical/electronic control measuring systems and mechanical measuring systems.
- Performs inspections on belts motors pumps fluid levels filters. May replace and repair equipment as required.
- Records manufacturing equipment downtime statistics and prepares monthly summaries of data requiring knowledge of MS Office (Excel Outlook and Word).
- Identifies operation and equipment problems and reports deficiencies while offering solutions.
- Provides support in manufacturing and test areas using cranes hoists forklifts scissor lifts rigging techniques and various hand and power tools as needed to get the job done.
- Works in a team environment with other members in engineering quality and manufacturing.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work with common hand tools.
- Must be able to perform a variety of routine tasks and demonstrate a good working knowledge of laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Ability and willingness to work on systems which have unusual conditions such as high pressure high voltage high energy cryogens or radioactive materials.
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the field required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.