Security Assistant Receptionist Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Security Assistant Receptionist job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Security Assistant / Receptionist to work out of our office in Poway CA.
Under general supervision this position is responsible for performing various routine administrative duties to ensure efficient operations of the security department such as obtaining security clearance on employees and visitors maintaining security records and arranging visit authorizations for employees and others to gain access to restricted areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Maintain visitor control system for incoming/outgoing classified visits and other visits.
- Assist with interviewing employees to verify accuracy of data and complete security forms and related documents.
- Coordinate and prepare personnel security clearance forms for submittal to government agencies.
- Assist with security awareness training and education.
- Process employee badges via Access Control systems.
- Maintain employee consultant tenant and long-term databases.
- Assist with and coordinate the development of procedures for security administration.
- Operate phone systems.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- May assist as necessary with administrative functions for business units.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a High School diploma or equivalent with at least two years experience as a security officer receptionist or in an administrative capacity.
- Must be customer focused and have a basic understanding of US Government security policies and procedures. May be required to present or attain a Guard Card issued by the California Department of Consumer Affairs Bureau of Investigative Services. Must possess: (1) the ability to establish priorities; (2) interpersonal skills and written communication skills to effectively interface with employees and company visitors (3) the ability to accurately document and maintain records and files; and (4) basic familiarity with office software. The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance may be required
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.