Airworthiness Engineer Landing Gear Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Airworthiness Engineer Landing Gear job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems. We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform the duties of a Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE) as defined by EASA to validate the airworthiness of Mechanical Engineering designs with primary emphasis in Landing Gear servos and mechanical actuators.
- Approve subsystem certification plans to ensure that the compliance approach and Means of Compliance (MoC) are correct.
- Review and approve engineering drawings to validate that the design is in compliance with applicable airworthiness code.
- Review and approve airworthiness substantiation data including analysis similarity arguments test plans and test reports.
- Witness testing as the qualified airworthiness representative.
- Participate in engineering design reviews to provide airworthiness input.
- Provide airworthiness guidance to design engineers.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; nine or more years of experience with a bachelors degree seven or more years of experience with a masters degree or four or more years with a PhD.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of experience working with Landing Gear servos and mechanical actuators to be confirmed as a Compliance Verification Engineer.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts principles codes and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and expanding knowledge of principles concepts theory and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize schedule and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have excellent communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills ability to work independently and as part of a tem; able to perform complex tasks in one engineering area; and lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Able to travel to witness tests as required.
- Strong working knowledge of airworthiness requirements such as MIL-HDBK-516 Federal Aviation Requirements (FAR 23 25 33 35) EASA requirements and/or NATO STANAG 4671.
- Familiarity with the Joint Service Specification Guides (JSSG).
- Familiarity with the Validation and Verification activities Compliance Plans and Certification Basis activities.
- Self-Starter able to work independently and responsively to address and close issues quickly.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.