Facilities Project Manager Scheduler Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Facilities Project Manager Scheduler job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Project Manager/Scheduler to work within our Facilities group in Poway California. Under general supervision this position assists in the program development and integration of policies and procedures keeping accurate data including cost plans and invoicing and the compilation of documentation for meetings and information flow to Senior Management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans tracks analyzes and reports schedule and of varying scope by information gathered from project teams.
- Works in a team environment with project managers and management staff with the objective to collaborate create distribute and report on statuses and cost avoidances.
- Interacts with management staff to establish and maintain a cost and schedule baseline.
- Assists Supervisor in the development of forms reports KPIs to ensure project completion.
- Develops and implements reporting procedures to review project status and valuation of work in progress as well as tracking procedures for contract deliverables.
- May participate in new business proposals as required to develop schedule manpower and cost estimates.
- Develops and maintains master program schedules for assigned contracts and internal development efforts.
- Utilizes the information from Microsoft Project and other sources to generate budgets and track performance against those budgets.
- Performs monitoring analysis and reporting on assigned projects the status of procurements for the purposes of cost reporting.
- Provides task leaders and program managers with clear timely and accurate information recommendations with which to make decisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a bachelors degree in business administration or a related discipline along with three or more years of related experience.
- May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Project highly desirable.
- Must have experience in producing compiling and reviewing construction specifications shop drawings RFIs Schedule of Values and invoicing.
- Must have knowledge and experience with Microsoft Project preferably including creating and maintaining resource loaded schedules.
- Strong SAP experience is highly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Pro CAD Microsoft Office and other typical software.
- CCM or PMP certificate highly desirable.
- Experience interfacing with MPM highly desirable.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.