Security Specialist CPSO Rancho Bernardo Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Security Specialist CPSO Rancho Bernardo job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worldA¢a,¬a"¢s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Without appreciable supervision this position performs Contract Program Security Officer (CPSO) responsibilities regarding Special Access Programs (SAPs) including day-to-day management of all program security disciplines. The CPSO will be responsible for maintaining and administering all applicable US Government policies and procedures e.g. DoD Manual and NISPOM (National Policy). The CPSO will collaborate with the Facility Security Officer (FSO) and Information System Security Manager (ISSM) to ensure proper implementation of National Policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze investigate and participate in the resolution of classified security issues. Coordinate actions(s) to be taken to ensure compliance with the classified security program.
- Administer and coordinate security activities in accordance with company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with National Policy.
- Establish and maintain liaison with government agencies external customers contractors employees and managers to ensure compliance with National Policy.
- Develop review and implement program specific security programs and procedures
- Serve as the focal point for receiving processing distributing and controlling all classified documentation (hard copy and electronic media) entering or leaving the facility including electronic data transfer.
- Prepare review and process personnel security clearance requests.
- Investigate and review security violations preparing reports and recommending specific preventive and corrective action to be taken.
- Implement visitor control procedures ensuring compliance with National Policy
- Maintain receipt and dispatch document control personnel records and combination records.
- Implement and manage access control system for the company and/or assigned business unit classified areas.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Access review and submit clearance/access information using JPAS.
- Maintain PERSEC database in accordance with National Policy
- Prepare and administer program indoctrination and debriefings. Analyze investigate and resolve classified security issues while providing leadership and guidance to employees supervisors managers and contractors on actions(s) to be taken to ensure compliance with the classified security program.
- Prepare and submit status reports to applicable government agencies with review as appropriate from security management and/or Company management.
- Oversight of SAPs to include support development review and maintenance of program security documentation for SAP.
- Set up SAPF in accordance with National Policy (physical security facility security and access control network and IT security cryptography personnel etc.).
- Manage the annual inventory of accountable holdings in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration or a related discipline and ten or more years of professional classified security experience in a corporate or government environment. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have experience with DOD processes and procedures or an equivalent regulatory environment and/or military training.
- Must have a complete understanding of US Government National Policies NISP NISPOM DoD Manuals JAFAN 6/0 ICDs.
- Must possess the ability to identify issues and develop solutions to a variety of problems.
- Strong communication computer analytical and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to initiate and plan projects and analyze and interpret data.
- The ability to produce appropriate clear concise and detailed documentation.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team. Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Completion of Industrial Security Management and COMSEC courses and access control (Lenel) database experience preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD security clearance is required.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.