Mechanical Engineering Designer Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Mechanical Engineering Designer job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems. We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform computer assisted engineering and design tasks (primarily with metals but understanding with composites needed) in support of Unmanned Air Vehicles.
- Interact with lead engineers to develop conceptual system level layouts detail designs and detail drawings in CREO.
- Establish critical interface requirements select materials and finishes and establish fabrication methods.
- Prepare first article designs and drawings for fabrication.
- Support tooling concepts as needed.
- Establish bills of materials.
- Perform various mechanical design tasks related to demonstrated competencies as directed.
- Support large assembly model management in CREO cad package.
- Typically requires an Associates degree or a certificate from a recognized organization indicating completion of training in CREO design software plus thirteen or more years of progressive experience utilizing CAD software with at least five of those years spent utilizing CREO or related engineering design software. Additional education may be substituted in lieu of work experience.
- Must have a complete and thorough understanding of engineering design concepts and principles and possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly applying them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Must be able to organize schedule and coordinate work phases.
- Must also be able to determine the appropriate approach at the task level or at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex and diverse problems.
- Must have strong communication documentation presentation and interpersonal skills and excellent computer skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team and be able to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.