Test Technician Engineering Field Support Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Test Technician Engineering Field Support job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an opportunity for an Experienced Technician to join our Engineering Field Support Team.
Assists with Engineering Failure Investigations of discrepant hardware returned from various customers and Platforms. Tests and troubleshoots systems and components to assist with root cause determination of failures. Performs or assists in fabrication modification assembly installation operations repair and maintenance of moderately complex laboratory experimental and commercial equipment. Consults on the design of equipment or tests; sets up and conducts moderately complex experiments and tests. Records and summarizes data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fabricates assembles modifies and installs laboratory equipment experimental apparatus or commercial hardware of moderate complexity.
- Operates specialized laboratory or experimental equipment; collects and summarizes data.
- Sets up moderately complex experiments and/or tests; checks out and calibrates equipment prior to experimentation and data acquisition; conducts tests and experiments following operating procedures.
- Photograph and document discrepancies on hardware in support of engineering investigations
- Collect and document inspection and test data on discrepant hardware returned from the field to include precision measurement electrical characteristics physical deformities etc.
- Tests and troubleshoots hardware on Hardware/System Integration Test Mock-ups.
- Identifies operation or equipment problems and reports deficiencies.
- Records experimental and test data prepares tables plots and input for written report.
- Maintains and repairs laboratory and experimental equipment as required.
- Extracts and analyzes maintenance data from Customer maintenance databases (REMIS COLTS UASI)
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs housekeeping and cleanup duties as required
- May provide guidance or training to other technicians.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires associates degree or equivalent with training from the military and/or a trade school and twelve or more years of experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Training and/or experience in test or experimental operations normally acquired in the military or technical schools desirable.
- Experience with Electrical (analog and digital) Mechanical Hydraulic and software systems maintenance and troubleshooting
- Ability and willingness to work on systems that have unusual conditions such as high pressure high voltage or high energy.
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the field required
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.