Sr Administrative Assistant Contract to Hire Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Sr Administrative Assistant Contract to Hire job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
This position is responsible for providing direct assistance to a senior manager director or above. Manages access to and maintains their schedule which requires contact with internal management staff and external customers or officials. Has access to sensitive information necessitating the use of tact diplomacy discretion and judgment. Communicates with executive administrative and management personnel to gather or convey relevant information. Initiates special reports and completes a variety of administrative assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates schedules and ensures management is made aware of issues that need immediate attention.
- Interfaces with executives managers and staff as well as customers and visitors to gather and prepare information.
- Coordinates the preparation and review of correspondence reports and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Plans schedules and coordinates various organizational meetings events and travel arrangements.
- Tracks progress of delegated staff assignments and may coordinate activities between departments.
- Screens calls prioritizes mail and maintains follow-up system to ensure completion of each task or project. Maintains confidential and specialized files and/or records. Utilizes judgment in determining which tasks can be handled and which tasks need to be directed to management or to other members of the organization.
- May provide guidance and/or direction to other staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and six or more years experience in a field related to the specialized functional area or unit where assigned. Must demonstrate an extensive in-depth understanding of assigned functional area principles theories and concepts.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to grasp new concepts quickly; (2) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; (3) excellent organization skills and ability to establish priorities; (4) the ability to identify issues interpret and explain complex information and solve non-routine problems issues or situations that require evaluation and interpretation; (5) strong analytical interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately document report and interface effectively with all levels of personnel including management customers and vendors; (6) comprehensive understanding of applicable policies and procedures as well as a complete understanding of relevant regulations; (7) extensive knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.