Sr Subcontracts Administrator Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Sr Subcontracts Administrator job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sr. Subcontracts Administrator to work within our Subcontracts team located at our EMS location in Rancho Bernardo CA. Under consultative direction this positions areas of responsibility include source evaluation source selection and terms and conditions for the procurement of materials equipment and services to provide for subcontract awards in accordance with company policy and department standard operating procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares analyzes and evaluates bids and proposals to ensure they are compliant with company policy program requirements and department operating procedures.
- Identifies subcontract issues and provides leadership in developing solutions.
- Advises management of its contractual rights and obligations and provides review and interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Responds to very complex and diverse inquiries which may require innovative solutions and participates in cost and pricing reviews with program management and customer representatives.
- Represents the organization as the primary subcontract administrator on assigned subcontracts making presentations as required.
- Maintains analyzes updates and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on subcontracts.
- Supports all internal and external audit activities.
- Provides direction and training to assigned professional staff.
- Utilizes MS Office Suite SAP and other applications.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in business administration with an emphasis in supply chain management contract administration or a related discipline along with fifteen or more years of progressive professional experience. Equivalent professional purchasing subcontract or contract administration experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
Must have a thorough understanding of acquisition principles theories concepts and regulations and experience demonstrating a broad application of those practices techniques and standards.
Must be well versed in Government Contracting (i.e. FAR DFARS ITAR).
Must have experience in cost type as well as fixed price subcontracting.
Must possess the ability to provide leadership in developing and communicating new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize schedule and coordinate multiple work phases; determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level.
Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and guide employees managers customers and other external parties; and (4) excellent computer skills.
Working knowledge of SAP is desirable.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team; capable of representing the organization as a primary contact on subcontract matters with program management vendors and customers and provide leadership to less experienced professional employees on projects.
Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
DoD Security Clearance is desired.
Professional certification in subcontract administration is desired.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.