Entry Level Project Administrator Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Entry Level Project Administrator job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the administration of operational aspects of ongoing projects.
- Participates in project plan development.
- Integrates and analyzes project plans to ensure milestones and delivery requirements are met.
- Participates in problem solving with project managers line managers and clients.
- Develops appropriate electronic and hard copy reports and records.
- May represent the organization with outside organizations.
- Provides direction to support staff and may provide direction to less experienced professional staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in Business Administration or a related discipline and three or more years of progressive professional project administration experience.
- Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a general understanding of project administration principles theories concepts and techniques.
- Must have experience organizing planning scheduling conducting and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues analyze data and develop solutions to a variety of problems; (2) good analytical verbal and written communication skills to accurately document report and present findings; (3) good interpersonal skills enabling an effective interface with other professionals; and (4) good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.