- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Buyer job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity as an experienced Buyer to work out of our Poway CA location.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to execute purchase orders for parts requiring repair rework or modification that include managing the entire repair cycle (repairs process tracking expediting transportation emergent requirements support) in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple aircraft sustainment programs.
- Reviews engineering drawings to determine source selection.
- Validates purchase requisitions selects or recommends suppliers develops and solicits bids analyzes and evaluates responses negotiates prices and other terms monitors delivery approves payment and maintains necessary records.
- Maintains an awareness of available or potential suppliers and reviews and evaluates their operations to validate cost quality reliability and ability to meet schedule and price requirements. Interacts with project personnel program management and customer representatives.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and applicable government regulations.
- Evaluates supplier reliability and performance.
- Reviews and analyzes suppliers bids. Performs cost and/or price analysis.
- Conducts major procurement negotiations involving agreements on terms and conditions as well as prices and schedules.
- Participates in cost and pricing reviews with program management and customers.
- Follows up expedites and negotiates changes relative to delivery and supplier performance.
- Maintains professional relationship with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- May represent the organization as the primary purchasing contact on assigned contracts/subcontracts. May make presentations as required.
- May provide advice to professional or technical staff on purchasing matters.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties assigned or required.
- Typically requires an associates degree in business administration or related discipline. Equivalent professional purchasing experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to provide solutions to a range of routine purchasing problems; (2) good communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings; (3) good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with employees managers and customers; (4) the ability to organize schedule and coordinate multiple work phases; and (5) strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.