Composite Technician Lay up Lamination Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Composite Technician Lay up Lamination job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Are you looking for a Lay-up/Lamination Composite Technician job?? Are you able to work 2nd shift??
We have an exciting opportunity for a Composite Technician to join our Manufacturing department within the ASI division. This position will be working directly in the lamination room on aircraft parts for our Predator series.
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision with some detailed instructions and intermittent review and working in a loud manufacturing environment with a variety of epoxy agents this position performs repetitive or standard procedures and assists in the fabrication curing build-up and assembly of various types of composite materials where required information is readily available methods and sequences have been pre-determined and tooling is provided. Works to blueprints templates sample parts process sheets and other authorized information.
- Assist in the preparation of molds and forms.
- Mark and cut tape woven material honeycomb adhesive and similar materials following templates guides or specific dimensions and sequences.
- Route drill trim and sand to blueprint dimensions and tolerances. Vacuum bag parts for room temperature cure.
- Assist in the lay-up of composite materials to molds.
- Fit and smooth successive layers of materials as necessary to secure build-up free from wrinkles air pockets and voids following directions and instructions.
- Assemble Aircraft components using structural adhesives rivets and threaded fasteners.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- This is a 2nd shift position.
- Typically requires High School diploma or equivalent and two or more years of related experience.
- Must be able to use hand tools such as rollers paper cutters scissors x-acto knives electric heat gun and fixtures such as molds and mandrels.
- May require respirator certification.
- Must be able to work in a loud environment; work extended hours as required; and be able to lift assemblies weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding and comprehension of written and verbal instructions
- Capability of conducting mathematical calculations
- Ability to use measuring instruments such as scales and calipers
- Ability to work 2nd shift.
- Critical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Lamination Methods
- Blue Print reading
- FOD and Tool Control
- Tool Prepping
- MPS dimensions
- Working with graphite tools
- Repetitive or Standard Procedures
- Routing Trimming Drilling
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.