Risk Advisory Senior Accountant Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Risk Advisory Senior Accountant job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Risk Advisory Senior Accountant within our Financial Control s team in Poway Ca. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Internal Control providing independent assurance over the adequacy effectiveness and continued relevance of General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) system of risk management governance and internal controls. A successful team member must be adaptable and flexible to constant changing business requirements in a highly technical environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides objective risk advice to GA-ASI oversight body and senior management (i.e. Control Sponsors).
- Evaluates the adequacy of GA-ASIs system of internal controls over key Business Systems and Financial Reporting.
- Prepares magnitude of impact and root cause analyses to highlight critical issues and prioritize remediation efforts.
- Research complex accounting and defense industry technical issues (e.g. cost accounting standards and FAR).
- Recommends improvements in risk management (e.g. required controls control design gaps and best practices).
- Performs independent monitoring reviews over complex business cycles and systems in accordance with applicable professional standards.
- Creates test procedures and process documentation and assists with risk/root cause analysis.
- Draws insights into cross functional processes and translates into recommendations while following up on outstanding issues to resolution.
- Analyzes findings identifies root-causes and concludes on testing.
- Performs walkthrough and documents business systems and financial reporting processes.
- Evaluates the design effectiveness and adequacy of controls to manage risks.
- Drafts test plans considering audit objectives and risks.
- Reviews work papers and provide guidance to less experienced staff.
- Assists with COSO risk assessment process.
- Researches and analyzes data to respond to technical inquiries.
- Prepares and presents Internal Control scorecards and corrective action requests (CAR) including recommendations.
- Prepares internal presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in accounting or related professional degree and an active CPA license. This CPA must have completed at least 500 hours of experience in attest services. Three years of Big 4 auditing and three years of professional accounting experience (or two years with a Masters degree in Accounting).
- Must have Big 4 senior experience in attest services.
- Must demonstrate a complete understanding of General Accepted Accounting Principles and auditing concepts and techniques as well as a thorough understanding of accounting information system cost accounting standards and FAR.
- Must possess exceptional: 1) Work ethic with flexibility to work extended hours and/or travel; 2) Organization time management and project management skills; 3) Communication and interpersonal skills; 4) Ability to exercise sound judgement; 5) Analytical skills with attention to detail; and 6) Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SharePoint Visio and ERP system preferred.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.