Liaison Engineer Featured
- Adelanto, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Liaison Engineer job at General Atomics in Adelanto CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under general supervision and with on-going review this position supports the R&D facility in the analysis investigation and resolution of engineering problems of moderate scope and complexity. The positions primary technical focus is airframe structures composite materials and mechanical systems integration. The candidate will function as investigator and problem solver interfacing with engineering manufacturing production test and quality control business functions among several others. Tasks require the exercise of independent judgment and discretion involving matters of moderate consequence. The chosen candidate will be required to document findings and recommended solutions as well as communicate results to internal customers and upper management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies technical knowledge to analyze investigate and resolve complex problems in a pre-production R&D environment.
- Performs Liaison Engineering functions to include cross-functional customer support problem investigation/resolution multi-disciplinary technical guidance and pre-production configuration management support.
- Utilizes strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with people of varied backgrounds and responsibilities.
- Exercises creative problem solving and critical thinking skills to resolve challenging technical problems and maximize results.
- Provides on-demand engineering and manufacturing support services in a variety of disciplines.
- Develops appropriate documentation of findings and recommended solutions. May be required to make brief technical presentations and/or write engineering memos.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Private pilots license
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a basic understanding of engineering concepts principles and theory. Demonstrates the ability to follow and apply basic engineering knowledge adapt standard techniques and utilize the required diagnostics tools and equipment while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance.
- Must be able to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Good communication computer and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other professionals to produce appropriate documentation and to present results to a limited internal audience.
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team.
- Able to work extended hours as required. An EIT (Engineer in Training) certificate is desirable.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.