Program Manager Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Program Manager job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet space systems and satellites missile defense power and energy and process and monitoring applications for defense industrial and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager to support our Laser and Advanced Sensor programs located in Rancho Bernardo CA. The Lasers and Advanced Sensors (LAS) business unit is focused on the design development fabrication and integration of high energy laser systems laser weapons systems and advanced sensors that provide targeting tracking and identification functionality.
We are seeking an individual capable of managing a large-scale US Government Program. This individual will provide technical and programmatic leadership to a multi-disciplinary team. The team is responsible for the design development fabrication and integration of an advanced ISR and laser systems into airborne platforms. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Program including providing technical leadership program management business development/opportunity pursuit and interface with US government customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership to group members in all phases of project(s)/program(s) including acquiring planning and managing technical performance to ensure quality business and financial objectives are attained.
- Work with senior management to insure efficient program execution.
- Coordinate the preparation of proposals business plans proposal work statements and specifications operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract(s).
- Act as a customer contact for program activities lead program review sessions with customers to discuss costs schedule and technical performance.
- Establish design concepts criteria and engineering efforts for Program development integration and testing.
- Establish program(s)/project(s) master plan(s) and milestones and monitor adherence to master plan and schedules.
- Identify program/project issues.
- Work with Division and Engineering management to develop solutions to issues such as re-allocation of resources or modifying contract specifications.
- Implement annual and long-term technical schedule quality business and financial objectives for the program(s)/project(s) and participate in the development of program/project and Division/Group annual and long-term objectives.
- Direct and actively participate in the development of new and expansion of existing business opportunities and participate with Division/Group management in pursuing business partnerships alliances and joint ventures that enhance the capabilities of the Divisions/Group.
- Direct and actively participate in the planning attraction selection retention and development of human resources to ensure the availability of the required management professional and technical talent.
- Direct the development and ensure the security of General Atomics proprietary technology.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors Masters or PhD in engineering science or a related technical field as well as thirteen or more years of progressively complex program administration experience with at least seven of those years managing programs. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Top Secret Clearance is required.
- Must demonstrate the following:
- Proven ability to lead a team and/or group.
- Technical expertise in electro-optic systems.
- Ability to organize plan schedule conduct and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Ability to develop solutions to problems that require coordination of technologies across program requirements.
- Strong communication leadership presentation and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments all levels of management professional and support staff customers potential customers and government representatives.
- Customer focused must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Experience with the development and/or application of EO/IR airborne reconnaissance systems including computational is highly desired.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Demonstrates extensive technical expertise and application of program management principles concepts and practice as well as comprehensive program management and leadership skills including organizing planning scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.