Software Developer Software Engineer Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Software Developer Software Engineer job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under general supervision and with regular review this position researches designs develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide end-user system level and data management software applications. Contributes in planning of application development and deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. Evaluates integration of software applications with the overall computing environment. Responsible for documentation testing maintenance and software updates. Communicates with domain experts users and management throughout the software development lifecycle.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development includes end-user system level and data management applications
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software solutions. In addition to program design this includes determining language platform and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding testing and documentation.
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including cross- platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary resources.
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace with the evolving environment.
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- Communicate with the software developer group with users and with management as well as with the wider community through the publishing and presentation of technical papers.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in computer science information systems or related discipline and two or more years progressive software development experience with a bachelors degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a general understanding of software development concepts principles and theory and demonstrate the ability to follow and apply the use of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication computer and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other professionals to produce appropriate documentation and to present results to a internal audience.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.