Software Configuration Management Specialist Temporary Position w Possib Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Software Configuration Management Specialist Temporary Position w Possib job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet space systems and satellites missile defense power and energy and process and monitoring applications for defense industrial and commercial customers worldwide
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Configuration Management Specialist to join our team located in Rancho Bernardo CA. Under supervision this position is responsible for the planning and administration of assigned configuration management activities relative to identification control and accounting for systems and/or equipment in accordance with contractual requirements.
DU TIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures customer requirements are implemented and reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management procedures.
- May participate in the review of configuration management activity with management and customer representatives and may provide direction to less experienced staff.
- May participate in the selection development and training of staff.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of procedures to implement and process engineering documents for all assigned projects to ensure compliance with policies and scheduling requirements.
- Participates in analyzing and processing software releases and changes for Software Configuration Management and reviewing these releases and changes with Engineering Quality Assurance Test and Manufacturing to determine overall effect of changes on product or system and to ensure compliance with customer requirements and Company policy
- Reviews work project notifications to assure the accuracy of current contractual reporting requirements.
- Participates in the developing and maintenance of procedures for storage retention and destruction of company records processing filming storing and retrieving current and historical design technical and programmatic documents according to project customer and company practices and requirements.
- May participate in change control meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in business administration engineering or a related discipline and six or more years of progressive government or commercial configuration management experience. Equivalent professional government or commercial configuration management experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have source code or Change Management
- Must have experience with process improvement models i.e. ISO 9000 or CMMI or the release process.
- DoD experience preferred
- Hands-on experience utilizing the concepts and principles of change management related to Department of Defense contracts following MIL- HDBK-61A preferred.
- Must have hands-on experience with processing software releases and changes through the change management process following ANSI/EIA 649-B guidance.
- Hands-on experience supporting software version control builds and releases utilizing the configuration management tools Team Forge Windchill and CVS is required.
- Hand-on experience assisting developers with development issues related to configuration management tool use (check in/out branching and tagging) is required.
- Experience creating Software Build scripts utilizing tools such as Bash Perl and Shell is preferred.
- Must possess the ability to participate in the development of new concepts and communicate and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Organization skills to coordinate work phases and the ability to determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level and provide solutions to non-routine proposal problems.
- Good communication documentation presentation and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to represent the organization on proposal matters with external customers and to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: None
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.