Project Manager Programs Business Area Manager for Advanced Programs Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Project Manager Programs Business Area Manager for Advanced Programs job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
This position will report to the Senior Director of Advanced Programs. This role provides a broad exciting opportunity in a high-growth strategically important business area for GA-ASI.
The Business Manager will support managing proposals profit and loss analysis and identify potentially business development opportunities. In conjunction with the Business Area Manager will assess project issues and develop solutions to meet Advanced Programs strategic goals and objectives. Will develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project management line management and the customer.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain current and long-term business base projections coordinate internal/external major review preparations cost and schedule oversight.
- Responsible for managing in-direct budget (IRAD Capital Overhead Bid and Proposal)
- Coordinate departmental and/or cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products and/or services.
- Assign and monitor work of project management staff providing technical support and direction when necessary.
- Administer and execute policies processes and procedures that impact the assigned project.
- Develop and deliver progress reports proposals requirements documentation and may present results to project management team and/or management.
- Collaborate across management and project team to expand services and potential business opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and other regulations.
- Identify and assess project issues and develop recommendations for solutions to meet productivity quality and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Act as a lead providing direction and guidance to employees working on assigned project.
- May participate in or lead segments of the request for proposal (RFP) process to generate new business.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Typically requires a Bachelors in Business Administration or Engineering and nine or more years of progressively complex experience in the project administration field with at least three of those years in project management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of project management processes and procedures planning and scheduling methods and budget management as well as the ability to organize schedule and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones and budgets.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to initiate plan and manage projects; (2) the ability to identify issues analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a wide range of complex issues; (3) strong communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills; and (4) the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- MBA degree
- Must be able to obtain a DoD security clearance
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.