PC Support Techincian III Featured
- Kaysville, Utah
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
PC Support Techincian III job at General Atomics in Kaysville UT
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worldA¢a,¬a"¢s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a PC Support Technician to join our End-User Support Team in Kaysville UT.
Under general direction this position provides technical support for the installation repair and preventive maintenance of personal computers and related systems including a variety of peripheral devices. Performs moderately complex installations upgrades and backups of software and hardware applications. Determines the method and procedure for resolving routine software and hardware failures. May identify network issues that relate to personal computers. Provides technical information prioritizes and determines appropriate action on routine request from all levels of employees. Prepares and maintains various electronic and hard copy reports and logs.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs repairs and performs preventive maintenance on a variety of moderately complex personal computers and peripheral devices.
- Sets up and tests personal computer systems peripherals and software including operating systems.
- Provides general hardware and software support for users provides user training and guides users having difficulty with personal computers peripherals or software.
- Performs routine diagnosis on failed equipment and software and coordinates repairs. Identifies and reports network issues. Interfaces with vendors to resolve hardware/software issues.
- Prepares and maintains electronic and hard reports and logs including purchase orders and equipment inventories.
- May work the help desk and provide telephone support or arrange for service for trouble calls.
- Will occasionally travel to Spanish Fork and Dugway sites to provide additional support
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Typically requires an Associates degree with an emphasis in information technology or a related discipline along with two or more years of progressive personal computer technical experience in an information technology department. May substitute a certificate in information technology from a recognized organization and equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must possess A+ and/or Network+ certification at minimum
- Strong experience with Mac OSX support/imaging (minimum 3 yrs.)
- Prefer experience with systems administration
- Willing to support potential network outages after hours and on weekends.
- Must have experience with SCCM
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance if needed
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of department policies and procedures and a broad understanding of current personal computers relevant operating systems and associated peripheral equipment.
- Must be customer focused and demonstrate the ability: to resolve moderately complex technical situations; communicate and interface effectively with all levels of personnel; explain moderately complex technical information; and establish priorities.
- Must have a valid drivers license with a clean driving record verified by the DMV.
- Ability to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.