Sr Project Estimator Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Sr Project Estimator job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
| General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.|
GAs Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) Division focuses on the military and commercial applications of advanced electromagnetic technologies including power generation and distribution magnetic levitation and systems design and engineering. The EMS Division supports government customers which include the Department of Defense Department of Energy and the Department of Transportation. We have Pricing/Cost Estimator role open within our EMS Division.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Project Cost Estimator focused on return cost analyst located in our Rancho Bernardo facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in business administration industrial engineering or a related discipline with emphasis in cost accounting cost estimating project management and/or project controls; along with ten or more years of progressive cost estimating experience preferably with a defense contractor. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Experience Utilizes MS Office Suite SAP Windchill ProPricer and other applications.
- Must have a complete knowledge and competence in the concepts principles and standard practices in costing and pricing.
- Must have experience adhering to DCAA audit compliance FAR TINA regulations.
- Must have experience negotiating and working in government contracting environment and be able to analyze and solve a variety of moderately complex costing problems.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and communication skills both verbal and written and be computer literate with knowledge of computer applications relevant to the position including spreadsheet applications. Must be able to work extended hours when required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.