Experienced Shipper Receiver Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Experienced Shipper Receiver job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
This position is responsible for performing the physical and/or administrative tasks involved in the shipping receiving storing and distribution of materials parts supplies and equipment. Unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices and maintains records of received goods. Checks goods against shipping documents determines packaging requirements builds special crating fixtures and braces and packs goods for shipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checks goods against shipping documents for accuracy and authorizations.
- Determines packaging requirements. Builds special crating fixtures and braces. Packs goods for shipment in accordance with applicable specifications equipment characteristics transportation methods and routes. Verifies identification and quantity of products to be shipped.
- Prepares waybills posting weight and shipping details. Stamps stencils or attaches information and shipping instruction onto containers. Maintains inventory of cartons tapes foam and other packing materials.
- Prepares and maintains records of goods shipped including documentation associated with the export of hazardous and/or radioactive materials. May be assigned responsibility for the shipment of hazardous and/or radioactive material under the direction of licensing and safety personnel.
- Receives and unpacks goods. Checks receipts against waybills packing slips etc. Verifies nomenclature identification and quantity. Prepares discrepancy reports when needed.
- Maintains records of goods received. Processes damaged excess or misdirected goods routing material to inspection stores or other destinations. Performs receipt data entry. Prepares required forms and records associated with the processing of international mail and special mailings. Processes incoming and outgoing express registered certified and insured mail in accordance with procedures
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required
- Typically requires a high school diploma and five or more years of shipping/receiving experience in a corporate environment. May substitute additional education in lieu of work experience.
- Must have or be able to qualify for a valid drivers license with a driving record showing no violations.
- Must be experienced operating a forklift and be physically capable of lifting at least 50 pounds.
- May need to qualify for a U. S. Government Security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Must have a complete understanding of shipping and postal regulations and ability to operate postal metering machines.
- Requires extensive knowledge of shipping/receiving policies and practices and techniques for crating and packaging materials. Requires good communication skills interpersonal skills organizing ability and ability to work independently.
- Proficient office computer skills including word processing e-mail and Internet software;
- Able to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.