Manufacturing Industrial Engineer Featured
- San Diego, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Manufacturing Industrial Engineer job at General Atomics in San Diego CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Industrial Engineer to join our Manufacturing Proposal Contracts Estimating Group located in Poway CA. Under general supervision and with regular review this position supports Engineering Program Office Quality and other parts of the organization in the analyzing data of bid proposal and contracts awarded.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works in a team environment with technical financial and management staff to participate in new business proposals as required to develop schedule manpower and cost estimates.
- Utilize various business tools and reports to identify production capability in support of proposal estimating.
- May assist in the development of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and related dictionaries.
- Applies technical knowledge to analyze investigate and resolve assigned engineering problems.
- Performs functional testing and troubleshooting of equipment and systems in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles.
- Obtains and analyzes test data.
- Develops appropriate documentation of findings and implemented solutions.
- May be required to make brief technical presentations.
- May provide direction to design and/or technical staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in Industrial engineering or a related engineering discipline from an accredited institution and two or more years of engineering experience with a bachelors degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Exposure to SAP business systems and earned value management is a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing processes production routings and orders is a plus.
- Experience with database query language and a keen understanding of relational database systems and query logic is a plus.
- Familiar with complex Bills of Materials (BOM) and configuration management processes is desired.
- Understands various BOM configuration options and issues is desired.
- Must have a general understanding of engineering concepts principles and theory with technical experience demonstrating the application of those concepts while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills are required as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
General Atomics Company Overview
General Atomics and affiliated companies are world renowned leaders in developing high-technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely piloted aircraft systems; airborne sensors; advanced electronic wireless and laser technologies; and biofuels. If youre ready to advance your career and work on transformational technology join our team.