Staff Accountant Featured
- Long Beach, California
- Annual Salary $48,000.00 - $100,000.00
Staff Accountant job at Energy Company in Long Beach CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Performs advanced, multifaceted accounting and related functions in such areas as tax preparation, cost and/or financial analysis, tax reduction. Analyzes complex financial and operating data and prepares management reports, financial tax statements, and projections of future tax provisions in the Long Beach/ Los Angeles area.
- Prepare federal, state and local income returns, payments and extensions.
- Prepare Federal, state, and local tax returns for individuals, exempt organizations, partnerships and LLCs, S corporations, C corporations, and trusts.
- Prepare all Excise and Federal tax returns for petroleum products
- Extract reports and perform analysis of the general ledger to calculate tax estimate.
- Prepare the tax provision, tax footnote and analysis of general ledger tax accounts.
- Prepare quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Support and maintain the filing of Sales/Use tax returns for various states.
- Maintain knowledge and proficiency in current federal, relevant international and state income tax laws and regulations
- Assist in gathering information, researching tax issues and drafting formal responses to federal and state audit requests
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional project management, analytical, research, and written and verbal communication skills, coupled with the utmost attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and develop tax staff.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously (multi-task) and effectively and efficiently prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel spreadsheet software to quantify and illustrate routine financial reports, statements, and/or projections.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5 plus years of relevant public accounting experience, including individual and business tax compliance for small to mid-size clients and accrual to cash conversions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (required); masters in tax (plus).
- Knowledge of Petroleum Industry and its various taxes
- Developing spreadsheets to quantify and illustrate routine financial reports, statements, comparisons, impacts and projections using standard accounting principles, methods and applications;
- Analyzing revenue and expenditure trends. Ensuring expenditure control, and recommending appropriate budget levels; and
- Developing, monitoring, and communicating accounting information, public and private auditing standards, budget information.
Job Type: Full-time
Energy Company Company Overview
Energy Trading Company is a full service petroleum trading and distribution company that has been a major supplier of refined and non-refined petroleum products to the aviation, marine, and commercial industry. We purchase petroleum products and sell to wholesalers world-wide. The company was formed by industrial leaders with over 60 years of experience in the petroleum market. Our expertise is extensive and our extended resources are worldwide. Our primary markets are the U.S. Government as well as U.S. Airlines, FBOs, Ports of Call, Agriculture, Truck Stops, Petroleum Suppliers and Wholesalers. Energy Company has various divisions which have been formed because of our specialized client base. All of the divisions utilize a specialized transportation firm to ensure customer receipt of products and services in less than two days. Aviation fuel is a lucrative division of the business. We handle FBO fuel farms, airport consortiums and bulk jet sales.