- Purchase, New York
- Annual Salary
Structures Engineer job at Atlas Air Inc in Purchase NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Title: Structures Engineer
Location: Purchase, NY
Department: Technical Operations
Reports To: Director Engineering and Maintenance Programs
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the engineering data, instructions, documents, and technical support that economically ensures the safety, airworthiness, and reliability of Atlas Air aircraft within the following ATA chapter subjects: 25, 27 (structural aspects), 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 71 (structural aspects), and 78 (structural aspects).
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Issue instructions and documents to economically support operations and return aircraft to service in a safe, airworthy, and timely manner.
- Implement plans, instructions, and documents to comply with FARs, ADs, and NPRMs and to resolve non-mandatory in-service issues.
- Support integration of new and previously operated aircraft.
- Liaise with manufacturers; maintenance representatives, repair & overhaul (MRO) facilities; outside engineering departments; regulatory personnel; and other outside agencies.
- Review work of consultant, contract, and MRO Structures Engineers.
- Evaluate Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), Notices of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRMs), Airworthiness Directives (ADs), Service Bulletins (SBs), Service Letters (SLs), and other notifications of in-service issues.
- Obtain approved data, acceptable data, and Alternate Methods of Compliance (AMOCs) for repairs, alterations, and modifications.
- Evaluate reported Level 2 and Level 3 corrosion findings and develop corrective action plans.
- Evaluate discrepancies that require mandatory reporting to the FAA.
- Develop product improvement modifications as dictated by Reliability indicators.
- Work with original equipment manufacturers on emerging issues to help ensure safety and airworthiness, but also minimize the economic impact.
- Provide technical support to Technical Operations, Ground Operations, Flight Operations, and other Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings personnel.
- Provide 24/7 technical support in cooperation with other Engineering staff.
- Implement the Repair Assessment Program (RAP).
- Implement maintenance program changes and changes to maintenance documents.
- B.S. Engineering/Technical Engineering Degree (ME or AE) or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years experience in Aircraft Structural Engineering
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with aircraft and engine structural components.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of large aircraft structural design.
- Ability to identify cost effective engineering solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interface with manufacturers and regulatory agencies.
- Some financial analysis skills required.
- Meets deadlines
- Remembers & follows instructions
- Meets daily attendance & punctuality standard
- Work is thorough
- Produces accurate, dependable work
- Output is consistent
- Complete attention to detail
- Volume of work produced meets expectations
- Commitment to task
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, life insurance and 401k savings plan with company match. Visit our website at www.atlasair.com.
The Company is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please see the links to the “EEO is the Law” posters on our career websites http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume through http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
Atlas Air Inc Company Overview
Atlas Air Worldwide is a recognized leader in international aviation outsourcing. Through Atlas Air, Inc., Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. and Titan Aviation Leasing, we deliver innovative, value-added services, reliability and superior performance to ACMI, CMI, dry-leasing and charter customers worldwide. An eminent force in global cargo operations, our know-how and expertise extend to the passenger market, operating both VIP and high-density flights. With the world’s largest fleet of B747 freighters, including the new-technology 747-8F, our B747 passenger solutions and our complementary B767 cargo and passenger services, we celebrate our 20th anniversary ready to empower our customers to capitalize on market-growth opportunities ahead. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity in the workplace.