MCC Shift Manager Urgent
- Florence, Kentucky
- Annual Salary
MCC Shift Manager job at Atlas Air Inc in Florence KY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Title: MCC Shift Manager
Location: Florence, KY
Reports To:Director Maintenance Control
Position Summary: This position is responsible for providing daily operational control of the airline Maintenance Control Center.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Provide the interface between Maintenance and System Control for airline maintenance and aircraft status information; maintains continuous surveillance over mechanical condition of all company aircraft and develops and coordinates with the applicable stations and bases corrective action programs for non-routine maintenance problems and time limited item (MEL) repair.
- Monitor mechanical problems, Aircraft and Powerplant performance, repeat item and oil watch programs. Initiate appropriate records to support this activity and formulate corrective action plans.
- Maintain constant surveillance of overall line station maintenance activity; initiates immediate intervention in cases of major mechanical problems providing necessary technical support, skilled manpower, parts tooling and planning assistance as well as rendering management decisions in order to minimize aircraft down time.
- Provide technical assistance and coordination to aircraft operators with whom Atlas Air has contractual obligations and/or maintenance agreements.
- Plan and assign specific non-routine and time limited item (MEL) repairs to major bases and/or line stations in accordance with operational requirements consistent with availability of parts, ground time and capability
- Conduct daily briefing/debriefing relative to inbound/outbound mechanical problems at major bases and line stations with Director of Maintenance and Manager of Station Maintenance
- Maintain liaison with System Control for planning purposes and routing of aircraft with significant maintenance problems to situations where repairs can be effectively accomplished with minimum disruption to aircraft scheduled pattern
- Maintain communication with Material Support to insure cost effective provisioning at all stations
- Maintain liaison with Engineering, Flight Operations, as well as major bases and line stations
- Monitor line station spare engines and worldwide availability of lease engines
- Schedule personnel resources to insure adequate coverage of all required functions of the Maintenance Control Center
- Valid Airframe and Powerplant License
- Extensive Boeing 747 Maintenance experience
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to obtain Military Security clearance
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, life insurance and 401k savings plan with company match. Visit our website at www.atlasair.com.
The Company is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please see the links to the “EEO is the Law” posters on our career websites http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume through http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
Atlas Air Inc Company Overview
Atlas Air Worldwide is a recognized leader in international aviation outsourcing. Through Atlas Air, Inc., Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. and Titan Aviation Leasing, we deliver innovative, value-added services, reliability and superior performance to ACMI, CMI, dry-leasing and charter customers worldwide. An eminent force in global cargo operations, our know-how and expertise extend to the passenger market, operating both VIP and high-density flights. With the world’s largest fleet of B747 freighters, including the new-technology 747-8F, our B747 passenger solutions and our complementary B767 cargo and passenger services, we celebrate our 20th anniversary ready to empower our customers to capitalize on market-growth opportunities ahead. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity in the workplace.